VOGONS

First post, by stu_e_hughes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

Tearing my hair out trying to get this ISA card to work at all. It's in a EP-61LXA-M motherboard. BIOS detects it (see screenshot, actually it shows up twice, I don't know why).

It's installed in Windows 95 with no errors. But I can't get any sound. I've tried the phils computer lab drivers. I've tried all the 3.5mm ports. I've also tried it with the unisound driver in DOS and it doesn't want to know. Just wondering if maybe the card or 3.5mm ports are faulty? Any potential BIOS settings to change?

There is one jumper JP3 but this also makes no difference.

A PCI terratec card was installed in this build before which worked without problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by pc-sound-legacy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The card is detected and resources were set by pnp bios just right. That's good so far. The card has no amplifier so the output volume might be low. But ther should be at least something. According to the datasheet, line-out is the 3.5mm port in the middle. I also would inspect the pcb. There might be broken traces or components. Your photo is low-res so it is hard to see but ISA bus pins may need a cleaning as well. (Down right - is it corrosion or abrasion on the gold pins?)

Reply 2 of 3, by stu_e_hughes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pc-sound-legacy wrote on 2024-01-27, 21:31:

The card is detected and resources were set by pnp bios just right. That's good so far. The card has no amplifier so the output volume might be low. But ther should be at least something. According to the datasheet, line-out is the 3.5mm port in the middle. I also would inspect the pcb. There might be broken traces or components. Your photo is low-res so it is hard to see but ISA bus pins may need a cleaning as well. (Down right - is it corrosion or abrasion on the gold pins?)

Thank you very much for the suggestion. After much cleaning and further testing I still can't get it to work. So i've switched to another ISA card which works perfectly. So i'm guessing there is some fault with it.