VOGONS

First post, by drew2020

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wanting to get an ISA sound card bought the BTC 1853/1855 on ebay. But Im running into problems and have couple of questions.
1) Noticed that it has jumpers in the left corner but I'm not sure of their function. Can't find a manual either. Could these be for an amplified output? I watched Phil's video discussing ESS1869(?) and he mentioned that the sound card has amplifier jumpers for powered or non-powered speakers.
2) Downloaded Win95 driver's from Phil's website but not sure how to install the drivers. Do I place all these files *.drv, *.vxd and *.inf files in the Windows/System folder?
thanks

Attachments

• BTC_1853.jpg
    Filename
    BTC_1853.jpg
    File size
    97.27 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 3, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Don't worry about the jumpers.

https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fil … menustate=51,41

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 3 of 3, by grantek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently bought a similar card with a jumper in one of those positions, and was getting no audio out. I traced the header and found they're connected to pins on the ES1868F meant for hardware buttons for volume up/down/mute. They're shared with pins that read the ISA PNP EEPROM which is the nearby chip just under the "96". Pulled the jumper off and it worked fine.