VOGONS

First post, by marcin_741

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

This is my first post in this group. I would like to say hello to everyone.

I have the following setup: Fujitsu Futro S550-2 (D2963-A1), MS-DOS6.22, and two sound cards, ESSOLO-1 and CMI8738.
With the equipment mentioned above, I am facing the following issue: neither ESSOLO nor CMI want to work, they are detected by the system, but both cards choose IRQ=11, even though 5 and 7 are free.
In the case of ESSOLO, I used drivers found on Vogons, I tried the Hexxit+ESSOLO.ini method as well as the Pciset method. Regardless, the card still uses IRQ=11.

Given that the motherboard does not have the appropriate chipset (mentioned in few posts on Vogon), will I not be able to run these cards? The BIOS, as befits a terminal-type computer, has a very limited number of settings, and I can't force the card to use a specific interrupt through it.

I also tried to swap the IRQ 11 with 5 using SwapIRQ, but without success.

hwinfo.jpg
Filename
hwinfo.jpg
File size
127.01 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Thank you for your help and best regards.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by elszgensa

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

> The BIOS has a very limited number of settings

Fujitsu has tools to mess with all kinds of settings by directly writing to flash. I know of BiosSet and EditCMOS, there may be more. Haven't actually used them myself, just glanced over their manuals, so I don't exactly know how helpful they'd be in your case (or even which are applicable tot your specific board), but might be worth looking into.

Reply 2 of 2, by marcin_741

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
elszgensa wrote on 2024-02-18, 22:46:

> The BIOS has a very limited number of settings

Fujitsu has tools to mess with all kinds of settings by directly writing to flash. I know of BiosSet and EditCMOS, there may be more. Haven't actually used them myself, just glanced over their manuals, so I don't exactly know how helpful they'd be in your case (or even which are applicable tot your specific board), but might be worth looking into.

Thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately, in the programs you mentioned, it's not possible to change IRQ. I also asked for help on a forum related to BIOS modifications to unlock options related to IRQ settings, but without success. Furthermore, I bought an HP T5720, cards are detected correctly, but in most cases, games freeze, either in settings or in the game itself. I tried different versions of drivers, various solutions, but they don't work. I guess I'll stick to using DOSBox or a virtual machine.

BR