VOGONS

First post, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a Waveforce WF192D and use the SPDIF out for outputting audio to a DAC. Does anyone know if there is a SPDIF Output header on this card?

It has a 2pin header just named J1 but I can't seem to find an answer to what this header is. I can't seem to find a specific manual for the particular model either?

Can anyone offer any input/advice?

Thanks

Reply 2 of 3, by RetroGamer4Ever

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is no documentation declaring what J1 is, but I would assume the J simply designates it to be a Jumper for some purpose. The pins that sit just adjacent to the DSP marked PCPCI are for connecting a motherboard to the card, which allows you to use the card in Real MS-DOS mode.

Reply 3 of 3, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGamer4Ever wrote on 2024-03-30, 19:11:

There is no documentation declaring what J1 is, but I would assume the J simply designates it to be a Jumper for some purpose. The pins that sit just adjacent to the DSP marked PCPCI are for connecting a motherboard to the card, which allows you to use the card in Real MS-DOS mode.

Yeah, I have this card working great in DOS in my VIA C3 machine. Outputting Dos Games through the Optical out is great. I'd love it if there was a way to connect the SPDIF internally into an Audigy. I can use PARAS's mixer to try and have everything outputting though the Audigy.

That's the machine that hosts the card.

2JA5fXOh.jpg