VOGONS

First post, by mikesk8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

My Roland is connected via Roland UM-One USB adapter to the iMac, and via headphone/line output to Roland's SC55 Audio inputs. The idea was to mix input sound from iMac with Roland music MIDI together, e.g. play games that enable both music via Roland and effect/speech via Sound Blaster.

However, I don't get any sound from iMac in this setup when using headphones connected to Roland. I am not sure if it's related to the fact that mixed music/input is available only via Roland's audio output and not via headphones? or I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks, M.

Reply 1 of 1, by mikesk8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mikesk8 wrote on 2024-03-23, 15:03:
Hi All, […]
Show full quote

Hi All,

My Roland is connected via Roland UM-One USB adapter to the iMac, and via headphone/line output to Roland's SC55 Audio inputs. The idea was to mix input sound from iMac with Roland music MIDI together, e.g. play games that enable both music via Roland and effect/speech via Sound Blaster.

However, I don't get any sound from iMac in this setup when using headphones connected to Roland. I am not sure if it's related to the fact that mixed music/input is available only via Roland's audio output and not via headphones? or I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks, M.

Found an issue - I needed to max out volume on iMac to hear it well on Roland via headphones 😉 Now, I am trying to additionally play within Dosbox-Staging with mixer setting for Sound Blaster (for games without separate music / sounds volume settings).