VOGONS

First post, by zuldan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is driving me nuts. I’ve installed this sound card on a Windows XP machine and cannot get the front panel headphone port to work. I’ve tripled checked the ribbon cable between the sound card and front panel and it’s installed correctly.

I’ve installed many different versions of the drivers/software (from Vogons drivers, the Creative webpage and random sites) but not having any luck. Is there some sort of special software I need to install or enable some hidden setting?

3C917FF9-B684-4135-808C-02BE3D812D7F.jpeg
Filename
3C917FF9-B684-4135-808C-02BE3D812D7F.jpeg
File size
450.47 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe a silly question, but did you connect the floppy power connector to the back of the drive? Also, do any of the other ports on the drive work? Like Mic In 2 or Optical In/Out? The Optical Out port should produce a dim red light when the plastic cap is removed.

Otherwise, nothing special needs to be done to get the headphone jack working, other than turning up the volume knob next to it. That said, I only have an Audigy drive + Audigy 1 sound card, but I imagine it shouldn't be any different on an X-Fi.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 2 of 2, by zuldan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2024-04-08, 12:54:

Maybe a silly question, but did you connect the floppy power connector to the back of the drive? Also, do any of the other ports on the drive work? Like Mic In 2 or Optical In/Out? The Optical Out port should produce a dim red light when the plastic cap is removed.

Otherwise, nothing special needs to be done to get the headphone jack working, other than turning up the volume knob next to it. That said, I only have an Audigy drive + Audigy 1 sound card, but I imagine it shouldn't be any different on an X-Fi.

Yep, I have the floppy power connected. I haven’t tried the other ports as I don’t have any cables/adapters for them. Thanks for the heads up about the optical light, I didn’t think to check that. Will have a look tomorrow.