VOGONS

First post, by x21

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all:

I am looking for a videocard I can output composite video without a vga monitor while having 3d support.

Regards,
x21

Reply 1 of 4, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

During the Geforce 2, 3 and 4 era these were known as "VIVO" models, but some also just had plain TV out also. Often this was through one of those 4 pin Din style SVHS video connectors, where you'd use an adapter cable (common) to connect to RCA jack composite in. Or some TVs would take the SVHS cable. Rage II/Pro/128 also had TV out as a common feature. Certain Voodoo 3 Models, I think 3000 had it. After Geforce 4 series and Radeon 9x00 series cards it seemed to die off a bit, though there were some models had it still.

edit: Oh by the way, often this needed to be setup in windows, not sure of a solution where you can just plug it into composite and go. Usually they worked in clone main screen output mode. I think you can set it up once with a VGA and then you can boot to composite out, but you won't see BIOS screen etc usually until it's into windows. There are such things as VGA to composite converters that convert whatever it's putting out at whatever time to some kind of composite signal.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The output quality is going to be horrid either way.

What is the reason you want composite out... other than playing on an old TV?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK