VOGONS

Reply 20 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have one Asus dual socket370 motherboard with RageXL also, but it is in country side place @ storing and i have HP terminal that has RageXL (4752) only @ dos mode and i used usb boot cd/dvd with live linux to copy some programs to its 64mb ramdrive and installed dos, i still have no bigger drive to this terminal and no windows os.

Linux that i used was tiny core linux cd and midnight commander to copy files, also i needed to use gparted tool to make internal ramdisk and usb stick visible.

Other ati mach64 dos and windows tools and some old drivers:
https://www.dosdays.co.uk/topics/graphics_drivers.php#ATI

31 different MiniGL/OpenGL Win9x files for all Rage 3 cards: Re: ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 21 of 51, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The bios of the ati agexl pci and the ati rage xl agp have one interesting difference, I've opened then on an hex editor and compared, and one of the first differences is what I think is the id string, (MACH64GRPCIMTSDUN8) for the pci and (MACH64GMPCIMTSDUN8) GR is 4752 hex and GM is 474D hex.
Can somebody explain me how to insert the new checksun in the bios file?

Reply 22 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Excellent, do you have both cards in your hand, i can see on the picture that your PCI card has Rage XL 215R3LASB41G

My terminal RageXL has:
Rage XL 215R3LASB41
DF9570.00
0432AA
TAIWAN

All these are for Rage XL AGP and PCI ones:
RAGE XL 215R3LASB2
RAGE XL 215R3LASB22
RAGE XL 215R3LASB41
RAGE XL 215R3LASB41G

Many 1999 RageXL cards have RAGE XL 215R3LASB22 and RAGE XL 215R3LASB41, both PCI and AGP variations.
I can bootup this terminal andthis command shuold make vga bios backup.rom file?
flashrom.exe -s 0 backup.rom

HP t5300 from November 2004
https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5300/

31 different MiniGL/OpenGL Win9x files for all Rage 3 cards: Re: ATi RagePro OpenGL files

Reply 23 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My card has a 215R3LASB41 chip date 2004 and indeed the same version was installed into the AGP cards so I suppose the customization of the bios had to do with the manufacturer layout, choice of ram, bus compatibility, etc..

Reply 24 of 51, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My AGP card has a:
215R3LASB22
D38387
9945SS
TAIWAN

The other PCI card I have has a:
214R3LASB41
DH1114.00
0518AA
TAIWAN

This evening I've been fighting with the overclock and more with the drivers, the drivers are a big mess, I still could not find a good combination.
I'm using GLQuake as the main benchmark because it's easy and fast to do, my max today was 35-37 fps, but different versions of the drivers change a lot of things.
I can't believe what ATI did back then.
@marxveix, I've been followed the posts you recommended and there's a lot of information there, thanks.

Reply 25 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some more patience lost into my card debug.. if I start with a Rage IIc AGP along the XL PCI I got to have both card installed into the computer devices list in Win ME but the second card (XL) seems not loading well the drivers but anyway it detect (like Everest software) the card along the AGP one and the asic id. Strangely the 2002 Win ME Rage Pro/XL drivers did detect it but not the memory or memory info which might be interesting, maybe something is wrong there into the bios part which seems to set some bytes for the memory too.

About the msdos utilities, the Dell one seems like it was starting but from the floppy it crash during a memory module file coming back to the prompt, I have to check if it's a floppy problem or expecting another config.
The ATi original mach64 utility, if launched along the Rage IIc it only see the GT asic and it seems like checking the functional one so the one that it boot with, not a secondary. If I launch it along with a Virge DX card it doesn't find any mach64 card cause probably still checking the main card too. Strange is that with two PCI video card (Virge and XL PCI) at first the bios gives three beep sound and then it pass to the Virge card to boot with it. Without the Virge card the computer doesn't do that and boot directly on the XL card but without any monitor signal and I suppose it arrives at the prompt or crashing during Win boot.
But at least it never went back to the PCI debug card error code that now it arrive always to FF last step.

Anyway Everest software see the card as Device ID 1002-4752 SubSys ID 1002-8008 Rev. 27 with no 66Mhz support and no Bus Mastering. It doesn't give the GPU output info as often happened.
Also I noticed that some of these new built cards has themself different layouts with some having few more passive smd components from the PCI traces to the video chip and other pcb layouts (like my card) don't. It'd be interesting to understand if they are based on two different pcb layout. The original Dell card that can be seen online has too those smd soldered so who knows if they saved not installing these or simply based on another layout.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    Filename
    card.jpg
    File size
    183.64 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by 386SX on 2022-05-06, 22:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

FLashRd ver.3.0 - modified ati flashrom 2.37 and vgabios loader (seems from Nvidia)
http://stevesimons.altervista.org/hardware/bi … /index_eng.html

Also vga bios loader tool seems to be loading well with this turbo pci bios (4750).
https://archive.org/details/ati-rage-pro-turbo-bios-19981027
But still hwinfo from dos,flashrom and atiflash shows original (4752) info.

adapter 0
bn 00
dn 68
dID 4752
asic RageXL/XC
flash -
ID 0000
flash type AT25F1024
remap no
lock yes
romsize 0x20000

My hp terminal rom is locked (Parallel Flash ROM is locked), how to unlock it?

ATi Utility M64UTL303.EXE seems to work, only it sees it as Rage II @ one place and maybe all tests not work as should, but it was started from random bootdisk also.

Asic type GT
Asic Rev 39
Bus PCI
8MB
Bios GR-xlamis3y.057-4.332
Video Bios 4.032 2001/06/27

Atiflash also works up to version 1.5, but -unlockrom options was not integrated yet, so cant flash new bios to this terminal at those flashing tools.

atiflash 1.0, 1.3, 1.5
Old ATIFlash utilities

Hoping: I did get with my AMD K6-2+@350Mhz 30.2fps with glquake, also there is ppquake with 3dnow support, that i would like to get and try. 30fps@timedemo demo1 without any tweaks or overclock with resolution 640x480x16. I was using Rage LT Pro 8MB AGP and my 2582 3dcif driver.

GLQuake works well up to 1094, after that, it has some screen glitches, but 110x works fastest, like that.
Maybe it is my pc setup, strange that GLQuake works little faster with K62 300-350,not at 400-500Mhz.
OpenGL 1068 is faster with Quake 2, than other versions so far, even faster than OpenGL 1076 or 1077.

PC setups and chipsets are different, for me GLQuake 1107 OpenGL was fastest with glitches in the bottom of the screen, maybe for you it works better.
Second fastest in GLQuake as i remeber was 1068 and 1068 is fastest in Quake2, but not in newer OpenGL games and i do not have all OpenGL versions.

Last edited by marxveix on 2022-05-07, 08:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 28 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd expect the Rage Pro Turbo PCI old card bios might not be compatible starting from the SGRAM. It seems having quite different bios id numbers compared to these modern ones. These eeprom also seems to need 36Kb bios even if they seems having a 32Kb size data and an "empty" part at the end up to the 36Kb. I'd be curious to see someone having one of these modern XL PCI with Samsung SDRAM module to try that bios. Just wondering if maybe the memory brand might not be necessary a problem beside the speed and memory type but still I'd be at least sure my card is not working or has still hope.
I noticed that many cards sold has the quality control sticker on the vga port and the pcb manufacturing week printed on it while my card has not beside being new. I wonder if really might have not passed the production tests and sold anyway.

Reply 29 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bios loaders: vgabios.exe changes things, similar tool is rambios.com, this 4750 pci bios works mostly in text mode only if loaded, graphical does not work in some cases, it locks up and graphical screen hangs with other rage bios. Bios files in this topics first post did not work at all, just makes pc speakers beep and vga screen goes black, out of sync and no screen after software bios load with hp terminal.

rambios /i nameofbios.xxx press "enter"
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment … bios-zip.55692/

Rivatuner should able to change device id in windows?

Reply 30 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I tried again and again different bios but still no signal at the monitor. What surprise me is that even installing it on very sensible KT133 Asus board that I'd not expect anything to boot without even the right card in the right bus or the right ram module, the card installed on it does boot the system like the i440BX (still with no signal) and even enter the o.s. (at least from the hard disk sound). How is this possible I can't explain it. If this board would be broken it would not simply boot the system. I wonder if its a problem of analog DAC signals. The ram module is very cold (and even the video chip is almost difficult to feel any heat while is not really cold indeed, I suppose it takes the voltage).

If it was something wrong with the bios the other ones tested should at least boot I suppose, at least the bios string. I begin to think this is related to the video chip itself but it gets detected by the o.s. The Mach64 tool would be cool to test this but it seems like with another vga it doesn't look for secondary ones. Can anyone say if for them this utility can still find the Rage card on another bus even if/when booting with a S3 or whatever other brand card?
Or some msdos utility that can see multiple PCI/ISA vga cards at the same time to do some tests?

Reply 31 of 51, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Between yesterday and today I accumulated a great deal of anger with these two pci graphics cards that I have.
First, I am sure that they do not pass any quality control, second, after many tests I have doubts that they are working by default at the 83mhz frequency. Taking into account benchmarks that I found on the web using the original ATI version that show a higher performance than my two graphics cards have before the overclock.
After many trial and error attempts, the most comfortable utility to overclock them is Rage Tweaker pro 1.2. Although it does not correctly recognize the frequencies, it does change them when checking the performance changes with benchmarks.
The overclock margin they have is quite low, and there is an important difference between the two I have.
As for the bios, they both have the same bios, compared them with a hex editor and they are identical.
Regarding the drivers, at the moment my best option has been version 4.13 with the opengl driver replaced by version 1094 to prevent graphical glitches in glquake.
I swapped the test computer for another one, (PMMX166@3.5x75, intel 430TX, 64mb sdram MSI5148 ATX ) and was surprised to see very little difference in performance.
In glQuake 36.4fps, the performance according to benchmark is very similar to that of a voodoo 1 but in Quake 2 22.3fps, it is lower.
In 3dmark99 the score is higher than the Voodoo 1 between 1130 and 1170.
For Unreal they are simply not useful, with many graphical errors and very poor performance but the Voodoo 1 can run Unreal fine.
Outlaws is playable up to 1024x768 and so is Tomb Raider II.
Turok is very playable and bug free. Turok 2 is not completely fluid, I would say that it reaches less than 20fps depending on the moment.
Redline Racer is very fluid but it has a major graphical error in the center lines of the road that is very annoying.
Motorhead has no bugs and is very playable up to 800x600, Incoming is smooth and without any graphical errors.
From the tests that have been done so far, the only games that have shown graphical errors have been Redline Racer and Unreal.
I have more tests pending and will continue to use the current computer since that type of computer is the goal I had in mind.
I think I've finished with the overclock.
The newer card(4121) is the one that overclocked more at 3,2v and the older one (5219) overclocked a lot less at 3v.
A K6-2 is better off with AGP and it's easier to find good AGP options.
I still didn't try anything related to 3DCIF, but I'm curios.
I'm still missing things but I need a little break and then try to get the best possible drivers.
I'm still not sure if they will be able to meet the objective I was looking for but they are close so there is still work to be done.

Reply 32 of 51, by DrAnthony

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that certainly seems to reaffirm my childhood observations of Rage Pro being capable of performance at or slightly above Voodoo I levels with significant caveats (quirky image quality and/or compatability issues). It's hard to tell if the shortcomings are related to hardware or driver issues (perhaps both). They certainly seemed to get the architecture singing by Rage128, but it came a few months too late to really enjoy its time in the sun.

Reply 33 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hoping wrote on 2022-05-07, 21:28:
Between yesterday and today I accumulated a great deal of anger with these two pci graphics cards that I have. First, I am sure […]
Show full quote

Between yesterday and today I accumulated a great deal of anger with these two pci graphics cards that I have.
First, I am sure that they do not pass any quality control, second, after many tests I have doubts that they are working by default at the 83mhz frequency. Taking into account benchmarks that I found on the web using the original ATI version that show a higher performance than my two graphics cards have before the overclock.
After many trial and error attempts, the most comfortable utility to overclock them is Rage Tweaker pro 1.2. Although it does not correctly recognize the frequencies, it does change them when checking the performance changes with benchmarks.
The overclock margin they have is quite low, and there is an important difference between the two I have.
As for the bios, they both have the same bios, compared them with a hex editor and they are identical.

I suppose there might not be a quality control as we'd expect from any real market oriented products of course (even if I wonder how many final products has any, if I think to many adapters and cards with very low quality soldering etc..) but at least they might test the bios and/or some PCI/VGA automatic test to actually check if at least these things boot. Cause even if they are cheap and built by who knows which manufacturer, I suppose there'd be many more negative opinions if too many assembled cards were not functional. At that point it would not have sense to even try making these. At some point I even thought the vga connector might be fake it's not cause I was reading some opinions about fake cards, but it's not. I suppose the cards some consider fake were possibly just not working after assembled for other reasons like the video chip status or the sdram single module status. 😉

Something "new" I found trying this on the much sensible KT133 board is that after installing Win 98 with a Rage Pro and then booting the machine with the Rage XL PCI (with no signal) it boot until it seems (from sound) to load the GUI part and than the machine shutdown itself which is not promising. I wonder what this mean but considering the mainboard it wasn't difficult that even brand new components had difficult time working on these early Athlon/Duron config from my experience lately with this board. Next test trying to boot a automatic loading linux to see if some more info get logged somewhere.
Also interesting that the atiflash or the flashrom utility doesn't detect my functional Rage Pro Turbo AGP 8MB SGRAM made by ATi which I wasn't expecting.

About the bios I saw that the two files were identical indeed probably they came from the same manufacturer/seller. While my bios wasn't but the P/N and bios internal date was different (I think older). Instead the original XL PCI bios we talked about is anyway a 32Kb version and it would need I imagine some modding to install it on a clean eeprom that seems to require anyway a 36Kb firmware. Anyway it's interesting that not all these cards are exactly identical. There are some that follows more the original layout (some smd component after the PCI traces begin instead of our cards that has not, other cards has different color PCB and stickers, there should even exist some cards with the original metal pads for the older layout I suppose to make it look like having more components..). Also I've seen some identical cards having quite old PCB date around 2010.

Last edited by 386SX on 2022-05-08, 09:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 34 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Rage3 based cards are Directx6 ones and latest atidadd 4.11.4033 d3d works well, you can use unreal 1 version 226 and it should work, use this driver w98_rpro_4_11_2628_en if 3dcif is not needed, but this driver does not work with 4752 PCI, luckly 4.11.4033 D3D and other 5.40.x atidadd 4.11 d3d drivers works with 5.38.x macxw4 drivers and good D3D/OpenGL/3DCiF driver was possible with some other 3dcif files downgrade for compabilty, so i made my driver starting from Gonas R3 driver and used many other versions on the way, files are also from 2628 , as you know by now, latest OpenGL version for GLQuake is 4.11.1094/4.12.1094, so update to this version. I probably add 1094 opengl to 3dcif driver package, 1068 old, 1094 middle and 1107 latest OpenGL to choose. I would try OpengGL 1073 version out if i can get it somewhere. Directx 6.1/7a fits best, but you can use latest directx9c also. By now, years later we have possiblity to make most out of these rage drivers and rage3 cards.

I would try out this updated macxw4 5.38.x or latest 5.40.2 (2628) if 4752 is not your only r3 card.

Re: Help request regarding memory on ATI Rage Turbo AGP
http://kentie.net/article/retropc/ragedrivers.zip
more info in ragepro.txt in that ragedrives.zip

Now about Rage XL (4752 hp terminal) and bios loaders, this terminal works with 64kb bioses, text and graphics works with this 474D 64kb bios:
http://old.vgamuseum.info/images/stories/vlas … ati/ragexll.zip

No need to use dos4fix.com with this bios, does not hang in text and graphics based area when using bios loader, other Rage XL AGP 474D bios had checksum error with rambios.com, i played duke3d and some other dos games, all fine.

Loaders, rambios.com probably best, has more options:
vgabios.exe
rambios.com
rambios.exe

Info about rambios:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vg … -flashing.8312/
rambios.com and rambios.exe here:
https://radeon.ru/downloads/bios/util/

Intresting ati_id and more flashrom releases here:
http://release.narod.ru/ati/atibios.htm
ATI_ID.COM - I am in DOS 7 and still: Fail! Programm need pure DOS! - Maybe it is for Radeon cards 😀
DOS4FIX.COM - i already had it

All ATI_ID all versions and info:
https://radeon.ru/downloads/utils/ati_id/

Reply 35 of 51, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried the 474D bios with rambios.com and it seems to work, it loads without errors and I also tried Duke nuken 3d without any problem, so it may be compatible with these graphics cards but....
I tried to program it in the eeprom but it won't start, it doesn't give an image, the same problem the other bios images had.
The problem may be due to the type of eeprom that they have, 39SF010A, and I looked up in it's datasheet and it is a 128kx8(125Kilobytes) eeprom, but the bios images we have are all smaller, 32k, 36k and 64k. Another but is the fact that the original Rage XL pci has an AT27C010 that is also 128kx8 so is possible that I'm wrong again.
From what little I know of this topic, programming a eeprom with a smaller image is not a guarantee that it will work and that may be the reason why none of the bios images we tried have not worked.
Again I don't have the necessary knowledge to advance, so I'll keep trying but I don't have much hope about it.
As for the drivers, the most stable and least buggy combination I found for the Rage XL pci 4752 has been the newest driver available but changing using the opengl icd file from version 4.12.2647 since the opengl icd that comes with the Latest driver version has known issues.
I've also tried some of the drivers for the rage pro but without any luck so 3Dcif is still unknown to me.
These cards are a very god solution for my needs, they are very compatible with d3d and opengl, and support 8 bit palleted textures to my surprise, the original FFVII runs great on then and their performance after the overclock is good from my point of view, in the case of the best one of course 😉

Reply 36 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am now in windows 95a osr1 @ my terminal, only win95 fits to this 64mb hdd drive well, slimmest install 😀. Usb mouse works out of the box, usb sticks works only in dos mode. Transmeta Cursoe 533Mhz cpu and this old win95a did not need any cpu patch. Rambios did not change much for win95 at the moment (old drivers are the same, no high colors), latest ati J5.30.1 (4.13.2655) driver works for my rage xl (4752) also. This RageXL uses 8MB of 64MB RAM, so max 56MB is available for Windows. Other things also to do, but now i can test this older 4752 out with win95 at last. Win95b osr2 has some usb support, so no high hopes on there for usb mouse, osr2 is also bigger in size, best win9x os is still win98se, has it all.

I have at the moment M6.12.12-BIG Z (4.13.3007), works well @ 2D, i am not ready to test D3D/OpenGL, now i am just testing slowly out what drivers get me good 2D, not just 16 colors, these windows drivers are at the moment with RAGE XL AGP 2X (English) name, but if driver works, just add RAGE XL PCI to inf file , you can take it from the latest J.50.30.1 inf file also. Only manual driver installation available for these big z modified drivers.

Info about this m6.12.12 and driver link:
https://www.oocities.org/ziyadhosein/rprow98.htm
https://www.oocities.org/ziyadhosein/rpro.htm
https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … bc42731edc48afb

Reply 37 of 51, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

About my card I'm quite sure there's not much to do anyway. I was reading some users opinion once bought these cards and some having similar problems, some worked good others didn't give output signal. I imagine that the quality control sticker might at least be a sign the card has been tried maybe at least one time who knows. But it's not impossible some cards might simply be assembled and sold, possibly working or not in a random way.
The BGA chip seems well soldered so the ram module and the other components, so it might be internally broken or maybe the sdram module isn't working.

Reply 38 of 51, by Hoping

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These days have been tedious testing different drivers, from drivers for Rage Pro to Drivers for AGP versions... the result, sad.
The driver best for me is m6.12.12 Z, but unfortunately Opengl does not work with this driver, the best thing about this driver is a complete control panel, I could not modify this version so that Opengl works, I have no experience either with this and it's a shame I didn't get it.
The conclusion in my case is that the version wme-j5-30-1-b02 that is available on the AMD page is the one that works best for me but with a change, the Opengl driver, since the one that comes with that version gives problems with GLquake. The version of the Open gl driver that works best for me is the one that comes in the w98_rxl_4_12_2647 driver(version 1094).
I insist on GLquake so much, because I'm not interested in games from 1998 onwards for these graphics cards for reasons that don't need to be explained, and because my main interes was a solution for computers between 1995 and 1997, D3D and Opengl.
Regarding the overclock, now I have a reasonable conclusion.
Utility: Rage pro tweaker 1.2, I select the option for the Rage pro in the overclocking section, the frequencies are relative, not real, as I already mentioned, in the case of the better of the two graphics cards, memory 74 and processor 74 are the most adequate, stable and without errors according to the benchmarks (GLquake 36.6fps, close to Voodoo1 according to Phill's tests (https://www.philscomputerlab.com/3dfx-voodoo- … ut-project.html) ) and voltage 3.10v.
One problem is that this utility also seems to change the Vclock frequency since in VGA resolutions and outside of Windows after changing the frequency the image is corrupted, so it's only useful for Windows, but that was my goal so I don't care.
As for the compatibility with D3D and OpenGL, it is quite high from my point of view and even in some cases it is surprising that resolutions higher than 640x480 can be used.
I don't have the patience to run an extensive benchmark with different games.
I think they are a good alternative to other options that are much more expensive, even taking into account the price of the parts for the mod, and also, once modified, they should be compatible with almost any computer that has a PCI bus, for AGP I think that it is easier to get decent options, this is an aspect that I cannot verify beyond the hardware that I have and I am curious, will they work in a 486??? 😀
I am quite happy with the result.
Although the biggest problem is that it is like the lottery to buy one of these cards and that is the big possible problem as it happened to the colleague @386sx who found a defective one, in my case there is a big difference in results between the two cards, around 10mhz of overclock, although apparently they are the same.

Reply 39 of 51, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

M6.10.99 (4.11.2055) is the earliest driver i could find at the moment that works with Rage XL PCI 4752,
just add 4752 inf, this is the only working directx6 dirver.
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ee/drive … driverid=r13791

ati2drab. drv (dr_) file is changeable with other M6 drivers, so this 4.11.2055 ati2drab works with earlier M6.00/M6.10 drivers as well and 2D is Ok, 3DCIF is not working.

D3D / OpenGL options for display properties menu is possible to add with this Reg Files -> d3d-ogl.reg file,
i have not tested if these menu options are working when setting are changed, works with ATI2DRAB / M6,
maybe J series, but not with 5.40.x and earlier macxw4 drivers, as i remember.

Download link: https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/0/?*=PreVvAk … zc5ODkifQ%3D%3D

More info about these RageLtMan Unified Driver Reg Files (inside udv2.zip):
Feature wise, i've created a new sub folder for this GD, it's called "Reg Files." The folder contains three files, the beloved d3d-ogl.reg file which enables options for D3D and OpenGL in the advanced display properties. The other two files are HMDL files, one will enable HMDL, the other will disable it. HMDL "will place the video command stream into AGP memory. This should give you a performance boost in games that have a lot of vertices." Althought this option really does work, i reccomend it for people with lots of RAM. I noticed a major difference only after i installed a 128 meg chip in computer (which brought me up to 160). If you get problems after using the enabler file, disable HMDL with the other file. Please note that you must reboot before any chage takes effect.

M6.11 works out of the box for 2D @ 4752, M6.12 also works as you know.
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ee/drive … driverid=r25786

Edit:
RLTMGDbeta7.zip (this WinMe beta driver) also works for 4752, I installed this driver with PREINSTALL.BAT.
https://docviewer.yandex.ru/view/0/?*=T%2F48C … TY1MTMzNzk4OSJ9