VOGONS

First post, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi there,

Matrox Parhelia cards do not offer a Win9x compatible driver, nor are they supported in Amithlon but it seems that they do not suffer from the not working v-sync issue the G450/550 cards have in Win2k/XP on lot's of demoscene/intros/cracktros and some game-eingines like HL1/gunman etc. (the tweakingtool from matrox does not work on "forcing vsync in D3D). I wonder if anyone has ever tested playing old games on Parhelia using the NT4 drivers that matrox offered?

I will test these in the next weeks => https://video.matrox.com/en/apps/drivers/grap … isplay#WinNT4.0

Best regards
Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 2 of 2, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

...beside that NT4 driver ...matrox offered old RedHat drivers too....interesting (RH 7.3/8/9) ...so there should be some win9x games that got ported to early linux and they should run too....even if there are no Win9x drivers for parhelia...some old games would possible be available either in NT4 or with Linux...checking out which machine I will put one of my parhelia cards in...mainboard/sound should be supported in NT4 and old Linux...we will see how this turns out...

Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines