VOGONS

First post, by kinetix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

some guy is selling two 8bits isa cards. one is a serial + parallel controller. but the second one, seems to be a parallel (printer) + "something ".
that something I think is video. but I´ve been unable to identify what kind.
the picture have bad quality (the one Im posting is already a little enhanced, anything I´ve done to improve it dont give clearer text). so I can not be sure on the IC identity, besides is from Yamaha. I think is V636J or V838J or something like that. the date seems to be 1987.
does anyone recognize it?
the two chips in sockets to its left pretty sure are vram, and the top left is the EPROM.
Im looking for 8bit or 16bit or 8bit friendly ISA VGA cards , and this one may be useful. but I think is CGA or EGA.
file.php?id=182345&mode=view

Last edited by kinetix on 2024-01-18, 14:29. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

looks to be a variation of this card:
https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item … 94-yamaha-v6363

the parallel interface on your card seems to be higher integrated (so it has one big chip instead of more small ones near the parallel port)
the graphics part is MDA/CGA/Hercules

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 2 of 2, by kinetix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yep, is v6363. the image compression distorted a lot the last character. Ive a good eye for that (working for years on image and video processing), buts as looking for "v636" alone didn't gave any good result I tough was something else