VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings!

I have had great success using my OSSC with an LP2065 and getting a decent picture at 70Hz for MS-DOS games. As of now, I have as Pentium 3 connected to the OSSC, using a 4k freesync TV, as I was rebuilding it and putting a fresh install of, well, everything on it. It is a lot easier using the OSSC with a natural 4:3 1600x1200 display than it is for using it with this TV.

Can anyone recommend settings for an OSSC connected to a 4k freesync display, and the best resolution in Windows 98SE for this setup? I have a second P3 which I am tinkering with, and plan on setting up a retro LAN and having a long-time friend of mine come over to play games of Unreal Tournament 99, Blood, Wing Commander Armada, Doom, Empire Earth, and Warcraft, as we used to play these MP games all of the time, back in the day. I only have the one 4:3 display at the moment, so I need to figure out the best settings for this TV. I am hoping to one day acquire a couple of modern monitors with vrr and 4:3/1:1 capabilities. However, the TV and 4:3 lcd are what I have at this time.

Many thanks!
Scythifuge