VOGONS

First post, by Nahuel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im testing a build right now and cant get the geforce to work, with the vga drivers it has no problems at all, but once i install the 81.98 and load windows it goes dead (no signal on screen), the build is the next:

pentium e2140
asrock 775i65g rev 2.0
512 ddr400
seagate 80gb sata
biostar 6800XE agp (256mb ddr2 with an evercool turbo 2)

Reply 1 of 12, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you have the chipset drivers loaded for the motherboard?

You can get working chipset drivers from here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120512143841/ht … windows98.ic.cz

Does the 6800 work on XP? It could be a bad card.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 12, by Nahuel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

vga or dvi it doesnt matter, no signal, safemode works with no problems, if its the driver im screwed since its the only one for windows 98 for 6 series, ill try the card on windows xp (i think i already tried on a 462 system and it worked)

Reply 7 of 12, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Blame M$ as they were likely well ware of even back it was current that there was a problem given that if one had deep pockets back then would have started running into problems on just consumer hardware let alone those high end workstations/servers. To answer this problem you need a third party patch and if there is no other problem you shouldn't have any further issues.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 8 of 12, by Nahuel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the mother died, i was trying a pci video card and some smoke came from the port, ill try an asrock k8upgrade vm800.

Reply 9 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nahuel wrote:

maybe its because i have more than 512mb combined memory? (512 system 256 videocard, it sounds silly)

Indeed, I don't think there are cases where it makes sense to "combine" system RAM with the video card RAM. But like I said, the fixes described therein are easy to try.

Reply 10 of 12, by Nahuel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well, the card works WONDERFUL on xp, it even unlocks and overclocks like a monster, from 275 core 266 mem(532) to 425/400(800) and 8pp/3vp to full 16pp/6vp.

Reply 11 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nahuel wrote:

the mother died, i was trying a pci video card and some smoke came from the port, ill try an asrock k8upgrade vm800.

You didn't put the PCI card into the AGP port I hope? Which PCI card did you try?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 12 of 12, by Nahuel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

its impossible to put a pci card on an agp slot :v im not that stupid! jokes aside: it was an union trident providia 9685 (the one with 6 sockets for the memory chips)