VOGONS

Help with scart for TV

Topic actions

First post, by danijelm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if she's in good threed, but I'll ask you here. I changed my TV, and I no longer have a component input with 5 round connectors. I have only a SCART input on which is written: "SCART / S-VHS / COMPONENT" my Xbox is connected with the SCART-RGB cable and works OK, the N64 works with the Composite cable, but I do not know how to connect the Wii. For that I have a component cable with 5 connectors. picture with composite is not so good

Is there any pinout how to make a scart connector? google is very confusing about that.

I speak sarcasm as a 2nd language

Reply 2 of 6, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Component over SCART uses the Red / Green / Blue pins as Pr / Y / Pb.
S-Video over SCART uses Red as chrominance and Composte Video as luminance (though I once came across a satellite decoder box that put luminance on the Green instead).

You've got quite a versatile input for pretty much any oldschool system with the added convenience of being able to use SCART switchboxes. I recommend hooking up the N64 through S-Video if you haven't RGB modded it (NTSC models take any S-Video cable, PAL models require a few passive components on the Y/C lines).

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 3 of 6, by danijelm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. If I understand correct I can make adapter like on this link + connect audio to pin 2 & 6?
http://www.stratos.pl/strony/12418.htm

For N64 i ordered s video cable.

Thanks for quick ansfer

Reply 5 of 6, by danijelm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now I see ...
For pal s video I need 2 resistor + 2 capatitor mod 😉
No problem.

Thanks for noticing me.

Reply 6 of 6, by danijelm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made adapter for WII and its working. Need to choose component on TV and image is better than one composite input.
Thanks a lot.