VOGONS

First post, by EdmondDantes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So... on my Voodoo 3, in the area above the heat sink is a row of gold pins that look like a connector of some sort.

I don't have the capability of taking pics, but the Voodoo 3 this guy is selling also has them (although on his they're near the blue VGA connector, whereas on mine, they're more above the heatsink).

What exactly are those pins for? Do they actually connect to anything? Were they for an expansion that never happened? Or what?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 1, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
EdmondDantes wrote:
So... on my Voodoo 3, in the area above the heat sink is a row of gold pins that look like a connector of some sort. […]
Show full quote

So... on my Voodoo 3, in the area above the heat sink is a row of gold pins that look like a connector of some sort.

I don't have the capability of taking pics, but the Voodoo 3 this guy is selling also has them (although on his they're near the blue VGA connector, whereas on mine, they're more above the heatsink).

What exactly are those pins for? Do they actually connect to anything? Were they for an expansion that never happened? Or what?

Thanks in advance.

"The feature connector was an internal connector found mostly in some older ISA, VESA Local Bus, and PCI graphics cards, but also on some early AGP ones. It was intended for use by devices which needed to exchange large amounts of data with the graphics card without hogging a computer system's CPU or data bus, such as TV tuner cards, video capture cards, MPEG video decoders, and first generation 3D graphic accelerator cards."

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000