User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My system
Pentium 3 1000 coppermine
ABIT ST6 i815ep
Club3D Radeon 3850 AGP
Windows XP SP3

when i install driver [i tried various 9.4 - 13.4] and restart pc im getting freezes on windows loadnig screen, i tried also to install lattest intel chipset drivers, clean windows install, different bios settings but nothing help,
what driver you can recommand to me ?

Reply 1 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What CPU features does the video card driver require to run?

I see reports of HD4670 running on a Pentium 3 Tualatin so maybe yours should work....

Try the driver from HIS that is specifically for the AGP HD3850:
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/download1-359.shtml

Last edited by cyclone3d on 2019-10-03, 23:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 8, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try installing driver through Windows Manager (and delete ANY and ALL, CCC files that may hang around the hard disk).

1) DirectX update ?
2) .NET Framework update ?
3) Disabled Fast Write ?
4) AGP Aperture Size ?

157143230295.png

Reply 3 of 8, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I own an HD 3650 AGP. It's very picky about drivers. The official AMD legacy AGP hotfix drivers misidentify the card as an HD 2600 and cause BSODs. The drivers that work for me without problems are from HIS.

I am using Windows 7 (32-bit) and a Pentium 4 with my HD 3xxx AGP card though, so YMMV.

Reply 4 of 8, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

I see reports of HD4670 running on a Pentium 3 Tualatin so maybe yours should work....

I have one of these running in my 1.4GHz Tualatin system (when I dualboot XP, anyways).
Getting drivers for this thing was an absolute pain - ATI had a legacy driver website for their cards with an AGP bridge chip back in the day, but that is long gone. You can still download legacy drivers today, but they're different - the ones currently on their website are meant for the old PCI-E versions of their cards.

The correct ones are called "AGP Hotfix drivers" and I uploaded all of the versions I was able to find here:
https://cloud.pxmedia.de/index.php/s/yN3Ag7EbPbXRaeG

12.6 doesn't work at all - I've found 12.4 to be the most stable one, but it is still not as stable as I would like them to be.
ATI's bridge chip cards didn't get as much care as their PCI-E versions I think...

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 6 of 8, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

X1950 Pro with old Control Panel driver should work fine.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.