VOGONS

First post, by Guigui668

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, (1st topic created)
I have 2 voodoo 2 cards running in SLI in a P3-800, paired with a geforce2 GTS.
No problem at all with fastvoodoo drivers (since my cards are mismatched, one Atrend, the other Gainward), but, i have quality issues, especially when the gainward is alone or the master card on the SLI system.

I have vertical stripes or diagonal stripes on the monitor and decoloration (brown/grey) all the time, in all resolutions.
Seems to be a filtering problem on the VGA output. Now those cards are 20 years old, i assume this is quite normal but is there a solution (maybe a bad cap or a bad coil...).

My solution is the Atrend in master card but 'one day' if i want to use cards one by one ...
If you have solutions, they are accepted.
Thxs a lot !

Reply 1 of 2, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you find a solution to this? I picked up a Creative Labs Voodoo 2 and it has some vertical banding type of interference most prevalent at 640x480. I don’t have this on another Voodoo 2 board I own. I’m assuming it’s just the difference in quality between different manufacturers but also wondering if a recap would help.

Reply 2 of 2, by Paar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In my experience image quality of Voodoo 2 is pretty bad. I have two of them and both of them show vertical stripes even though it's mainly visible when gamma setting is high. Diagonal stripes are weird. Have you tried to use every card individually?