VOGONS

First post, by mombarak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to build a P90 computer and right now, I am finalizing and testing parts.

The current system:

• Intel P90
    16 MB EDO RAM
    Soundblaster 16 PnP
    2 GB DOM Flash Disk

One of them is the Matrox Millennium with 4 MB (PCI). The card has a nice DOS screen quality. The picture seems a bit more calm and clear. What I noticed is that a lot of threads say that these cards have an issue with side scrolling games like Keen 4 or Jazz Jackrabbit. I tried Jazz and it works just fine.

However, I have noticed that Warcraft 2 Dos is not displaying the cutscenes but the sound is playing. Has anyone seen this behaviour or knows something I could try to get the picture in the cutscenes back? Its a weird issue.

Reply 2 of 2, by clb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have this Matrox Millennium 2064W card:

Matrox2064W.jpg
Filename
Matrox2064W.jpg
File size
1.51 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

With 2MB of RAM, and the following test results:

SNOOP.png
Filename
SNOOP.png
File size
190.15 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

From my tests, I've found that in addition to Jazz working ok, Pinball Fantasies works ok, and Kukoo2 demo works ok:

KUKOO2.png
Filename
KUKOO2.png
File size
759.43 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

UniVBE 6.7 reports some problems:

UNIVBE.png
Filename
UNIVBE.png
File size
237.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

my VBIOS is 2.2 it seems.

One thing I notice about this card is that SVGA and VESA video mode outputs through VESA Feature Connector are busted, and always just output an odd black&white sync stripe pattern:

VIDSCAN-800x600@15bpp.png
Filename
VIDSCAN-800x600@15bpp.png
File size
34.29 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

No idea what that is about, though for this card, it seems that the Feature Connector output only works for standard VGA video modes.