VOGONS

First post, by Sephiroth, The Great

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Which drivers are better? Voodoo2HM are modded/optimized version of Fast Voodoo 4.6. The creator says there are better/optimized for fast PCs and other nice things. Is that true? Someone tried that Voodoo2HM? Are they better?

Reply 1 of 5, by Sephiroth, The Great

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The official drivers show valid number of video RAM (8MB + 16MB) and SLI detected, but Fast Voodoo and Voodoo2HM show SLI detected and only video RAM of 1 card (4MB + 8MB). What's up with that? Those unofficial drivers can't use all of the memory or is it only visual bug and everything is OK or what?

Reply 5 of 5, by kiacadp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, you're right. I've noticed that as well in my system when I had the SLI set up for testing. I've got the official drivers and some demo games to test them. Tomb raider 2 works well but another flight sim gives black screens and other issues. 3dMark 99 doesn't work. Switching to alternative drivers fixes the game problem and 3d Mark 99, but I noticed the issue you mentioned. Don't have a straight answer for you but from memory 3D Mark scores appeared normal when SLI enabled. My Voodoo cards are 8MB and 12MB so I'll have to upgrade the 8 MB one to 12 MB and test again. Run some benchmarks perhaps with different drivers and see if there's discrepancies.