VOGONS

Rendition Verite Thread

Topic actions

Reply 360 of 652, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks 😉 Good to know because I was hoping to get a V1000 from Diamond one day... now I will be "hunting" for one from Creative cause I know they "exist". It's a pity that rendtion didn't stay on the market for a little bit longer...

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 361 of 652, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys,

I've just been testing out my Elephant Rendition Verite V2200 8mb PCI card on Windows 98SE.

Does anybody know of any game demos that I can try out that specifically use the RRedline API? I want to try something other than games which are using Direct3D.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 362 of 652, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
janskjaer wrote:

Hey guys,

I've just been testing out my Elephant Rendition Verite V2200 8mb PCI card on Windows 98SE.

Does anybody know of any game demos that I can try out that specifically use the RRedline API? I want to try something other than games which are using Direct3D.

Monster Truck Madness 2 demo should support it. Other demos to check out (no clue if they support it in demo)

Grand Prix Legends: https://archive.org/details/GPLDEMO
Heavy Gear: http://download.cnet.com/Heavy-Gear-demo/3000 … 4-10017147.html
Subculture: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57506833/ … /subenglish.zip
Myth: https://archive.org/details/MYTHDEMO

Full supported list of retail games you can find here: 3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 363 of 652, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
janskjaer wrote:

Elephant - I don't remember this, but a search shows that this brand has been mentioned before for Rendition cards.
Do you have a photo?

Reply 364 of 652, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
idspispopd wrote:

Elephant - I don't remember this, but a search shows that this brand has been mentioned before for Rendition cards.
Do you have a photo?

I will take a photo, as soon as I remove the Videologic Apocalypse 3Dx that is sitting in a PCI slot right in front of it at the moment! 😊

I bought the Rendition card from eBay a few years ago. It was brand new and sealed. It came in a 3rd party generic vendor box but the Rendition manual is inside along with a generic driver CD that contains the v3.00b5 drivers.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee

Reply 365 of 652, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here are some photos of the Rendition card and the contents of the packaging.
I'm currently testing my cards on my test bench, which is a Chaintech 7VJL Apogee with an AMD AthlonXP 2800+ and 3GB of Kingston PC2700 DDR RAM (using the MaxPhysPage mod to limit 98SE to 1GB or RAM and the rest is used for the Windows 2000 dual-boot).

a5Hkpu.jpg

1hDqXV.jpg

KEDo1q.jpg

5mwczB.jpg

jEP7Yt.jpg

I've also took a photo of my boxed Videologic Apocalypse 3Dx which was brand new and sealed. It comes with manual, driver and utilities CD, and full games including Terracide, Ultim@te Race and Tomb Raider as well as Wipeout XL. All PVR Extreme versions!

... and before anyone asks ... sorry, nothing is for sale! 😀

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee

Reply 367 of 652, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's never a Chaintech 7Vxx motherboard? I have the 7VJL Apogee and a 7NJS.

The video card looks interesting, Rendition GPUs are something I have never played with extensively as the only one I owned never worked very well and D3D/GL were taking over already, as it was always clear they would, so I saw no reason to keep tampering with it. As a result, I have very little idea of what they did because I knew only one person who owned one and he never brought the machine for me to repair.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 368 of 652, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HighTreason wrote:

That's never a Chaintech 7Vxx motherboard? I have the 7VJL Apogee and a 7NJS.

3MKrk3.jpg
uCN7Qh.jpg

Album here: https://imageshack.com/a/3xg4/1

Actually, it is a Chaintech 7VJL Apogee.

http://web.archive.org/web/20061028173249/htt … No=13&PISNo=138

There were many versions of the 7VJL but I bought this one specifically for a good reason. I bought this brand new in 2004. I very rarely have a chance to use it but it gets a good run for a couple of weeks every year.

It's maxed out on the CPU and RAM limits. I have a Maxtor SATA drive running on it using a SATA -> IDE conversion adapter. I bought this specifically because I can have a 333MHz FSB for RAM and CPU, but it has a an AGP 1x/2x port so it can run my Voodoo4 and Voodoo5 AGP cards. It's probably the fastest motherboard that a Voodoo4 and Voodoo5 can run on as I don't know of any other motherboard that is a KT333 motherboard with an AGP 1x/2x port.

The video card looks interesting, Rendition GPUs are something I have never played with extensively as the only one I owned never worked very well and D3D/GL were taking over already, as it was always clear they would, so I saw no reason to keep tampering with it. As a result, I have very little idea of what they did because I knew only one person who owned one and he never brought the machine for me to repair.

I bought this card from a seller on eBay some time ago. She had a few for sale and I only decided to buy one. That was my mistake. These are so hard to find now.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee

Reply 369 of 652, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the box too! But I didn't get mine until a couple of years back. The story goes that back in the day, I wanted the Deluxe Apogee (Essentially the same board with more features, like RAID) but it was always out of stock or too expensive so I ended up with a DFI LAN Party NF2 Ultra - which sucked so hard it might even be the worst motherboard I ever owned, this was a horrible surprise because DFI are generally awesome. I had to cut back on the other hardware I wanted too and always wished I had gotten to try the system I had really wanted back then.

I paired mine with the hardware I wanted back then; An Athlon 2600+ and a GeForce Ti4600, though a component fell off the card and it no longer works, so I need a new one, or to figure out what the component (L1 I think the silkscreen says) was. I think someone got the exact same card in the "Bought this recently" thread though, so I might pull them up on it and see if they can get me a close-up of the bit which is missing... Would suck to get rid of it, it was a factory overclocked ASUS card, ugly as sin but damn it was fast - it sure wiped the floor with the MX420 I ended up stuck with back then, think it was even faster than my Radeon 9200 was. Despite the lower bus speed (The DFI had a 400MHz FSB) the Chaintech also proved to be a faster motherboard for me, goes without saying it was more stable too. I had bad luck with Athlon boards and it made a nice change, after all those years, to find a high performance one which wasn't absolute crap - it is quite the opposite in fact.

Unfortunately, I still have no real desire to play with Rendition boards outside of a small curiosity. I'll stick to observing others for the time being. Maybe somewhere down the line, I may even have one in a random stack of AGP cards and not know it, heck, I recently discovered a card which I thought was a Riva is in fact a Trident Blade 64, but there are other priorities at present.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 370 of 652, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote:

Would a Stealth S220 be a good companion for Voodoo 2's in SLI?

Basically any card would be a good companion to V2 SLI, it just depends an what else beside Glide you are interested in. Rendition cards are mainly interesting for their proprietary 3D API in DOS (Speedy3D) and Windows (RRedline). Speedwise V2200 is roughly as fast as Voodoo1. S220 (V2100) is clocked lower than V2200 cards but it will have the same clock after flashing a newer BIOS.

@HighTreason: A GF4 should definitely be faster than a Radeon 9200. 9200 is basically the same as 9000. Even the faster clocked 9000 Pro / 9200 Pro should be slower than Radeon 8500 in most games, and the Radeon 8500 is roughly on GF3-level.

Reply 371 of 652, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, I am looking for a high quality logo of Rendition.
Just like this one but in color:
http://media.graphis.com/LEGACY-FILES/awards/ … dia/03078LG.jpg

Can anyone help?

Last edited by VooDooMan on 2015-05-07, 12:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 372 of 652, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Please don't post pictures of that size inside a post!!! Resize or use links!

Here is the logo I use in my videos.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.PNG
    Filename
    IMG_1457.PNG
    File size
    31.72 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 373 of 652, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Best ones I could find:
http://i2.wp.com/meiobit.com/wp-content/uploa … 6_09jul2010.gif
http://www.oocities.org/siliconvalley/park/3291/r_logo.jpg

Reply 375 of 652, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First off, sorry for bumping an old thread... but I have some new content for it. I just found your thread tonight. I've actually owned my Rendition Verite for quite a number of years now (can't remember exactly when I picked it up.. was some time before 2006) and I actually didn't even know it -WAS- really a Rendition Verite for a long time, and you'll see why.

I decided to set it up and photo it and share it with you guys, since first off.. it's not in your gallery, and since you don't seem to have it.. I thought I would photo it and share it with you.
Feel free to take my photos and archive them somewhere for the purpose of the thread.

This is a Diamond Stealth II S220, with a V2200 on it, Revision "A" from 1997. Oddly, a diamond card without the (R) logo on the chip. Which confused me for a long time.

r_DSC05994.jpg

DSC05996.JPG

And I personally wanted a close-up of the chips and the labels on them so I took this shot.
DSC05997.JPG

And a couple shots of two informational programs showing it indeed is a Verite V2200
r_DSC05973.jpg

r_DSC05974.jpg

Reply 378 of 652, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been trying to run VHexen2 with my 8MB AGP V2200 but I don't get any further than this error message. Any suggestions guys? Game is patched to 1.11 and the rest of the rig is a 166MMX @ 250, Soyo 5EH+, 256mb PC100 RAM and Win98SE. Already tried with different driversets so far without any success. 🙁

81ZK0Xt.png

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 379 of 652, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
subhuman@xgtx wrote:
Been trying to run VHexen2 with my 8MB AGP V2200 but I don't get any further than this error message. Any suggestions guys? Game […]
Show full quote

Been trying to run VHexen2 with my 8MB AGP V2200 but I don't get any further than this error message. Any suggestions guys? Game is patched to 1.11 and the rest of the rig is a 166MMX @ 250, Soyo 5EH+, 256mb PC100 RAM and Win98SE. Already tried with different driversets so far without any success. 🙁

81ZK0Xt.png

Did you try to run it with -width and -height perameters?