VOGONS

VGA Capture Thread

Topic actions

Reply 380 of 1403, by NightSprinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, it seems to be missing some chips on the 60l/SC512N1-DVI/L. I wonder if those chips might be how that card handles it? Sadly, that one guy on YouTube never responded.

Reply 382 of 1403, by Elia1995

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't find any of those that ship outside USA, guys
that would be very useful if supports 320x200 resolutions and is compatible with my AverMedia Live Gamer HD Lite

Currently assembled vintage computers I own: 11

Most important ones:
A "modded" Olivetti M4 434 S (currently broken).
An Epson El Plus 386DX running MS-DOS 6.22 (currently broken).
Celeron Coppermine 1.10GHz on an M754LMRTP motherboard

Reply 383 of 1403, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Elia1995 wrote:

I can't find any of those that ship outside USA, guys
that would be very useful if supports 320x200 resolutions and is compatible with my AverMedia Live Gamer HD Lite

The link I gave ships worldwide (certainly shipped to me here in Australia).

VGA2HDMIPRO + AverMedia GameBroadcasterHD was the recommended combination earlier in this thread.

The Live Gamer HD Lite should be fine, the VGA2HDMIPRO can scale to a fixed output res IIRC.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 384 of 1403, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Newest version of the visionrgb capture utility, whoever was asking for a dl in pm. As before, this is available for a limited time.
Works on my visionrgb-pro2, should support the pro1/2, e1/2, and some other older datapath cards, but you have no guarantees.

http://personal.inet.fi/muoti/eimuoti/vcs51.zip
vcs5.png

Reply 387 of 1403, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can confirm, the "ConvergeAV" labelled VGA2HDMIPRO boxes I linked earlier are the genuine article.

What a top little unit! Thanks for the recommendation and testing, Phil!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 388 of 1403, by ShaiWa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vvbee wrote:

Someone able to share this file also?
Keep getting vcs53.zip is not found on the server 🙁

Reply 389 of 1403, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vvbee wrote:

As before, this is available for a limited time.

Why not attach it to the post here?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 390 of 1403, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The file's up for now. It's ten megs out of the server's 20 mb quota and not a very popular download. Not a fan of using 3rd party servers.

Seen some remaining bugs in this version of the program. The function keys should be shortcuts for forcing the input resolution, but apart from f1 they force the output resolution instead. No biggie. The output image filtering is of lower quality if you have to force the input resolution, so it's best if you don't need to. Can be annoying if the capture card doesn't automatically switch between 720x400 and 640x400 in dos, which mine doesn't, and depending on the video card, the capture card sometimes hands out the wrong resolution in general.

Reply 392 of 1403, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vvbee wrote:

Went in and fixed those bugs, so the file's that one: http://personal.inet.fi/muoti/eimuoti/vcs54.zip

Grabbed a copy in case I need it later. I don't mean to be ungrateful but it was possibly the slowest download I've had since Win3.1 Trumpet Winsock days 😎

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 394 of 1403, by Tree Wyrm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got it for VisionRGB-E1S. Card is detected and there's input, so far no problems. Brightness/contrast seem a little different from default setting in RGBEasy. Going to run through various odd mode games.

Reply 395 of 1403, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The brightness/contrast and color balance options should be interchangeable between datapath's own viewer and vcs, since they just request the capture card to set those parameters to the given values. There's no gui menu in vcs for these though so you'd edit the .vcp file.

Reply 396 of 1403, by ShaiWa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
appiah4 wrote:
vvbee wrote:

Went in and fixed those bugs, so the file's that one: http://personal.inet.fi/muoti/eimuoti/vcs54.zip

Grabbed a copy in case I need it later. I don't mean to be ungrateful but it was possibly the slowest download I've had since Win3.1 Trumpet Winsock days 😎

A few second here 😀
Got it, thx vvbee
Hope to try it out this weekend.

Reply 397 of 1403, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Attached it here as a mirror, I don't understand what the problem is with hosting this utility.

Will delete later if it turns out to be a problem. Just trying to help.

[EDIT] Deleted attachment.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2017-10-12, 15:46. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted attachment.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 398 of 1403, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's off the cuff beta software the rights of mine to which I've decided not to sign away unnecessarily. It wouldn't be in line with that decision to upload it onto a 3rd party host whose terms of service I don't know.

Reply 399 of 1403, by Tree Wyrm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@vvbee Yep, modified .vcp to default brightness/contrast values from rgbeasy. I have another question, perhaps you might know. There's VisionRGB configuration utility which provides some basic EDID editing, and I wonder if it's possible to modify it in such way not to tell preferred resolution to display adapter, I'd like to prevent graphics card from attempting to scale image by itself and try to force it to output original image. But frankly I don't know whether it can be done via EDID at all, just a theory. Another approach I think would be modifying graphics card BIOS to disable built-in scaler, but I reckon it would still output at preferred resolution with image centered and having black bars around.