VOGONS

Voodoo 2 DOS Glide compatibility matrix

Topic actions

Reply 320 of 326, by BillyH666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can't seem to get gtafx (installed from the retail disc) running on my Voodoo3 2000, the graphics are just weird frozen static lines on parts of my monitor. Are there any settings I should change?

Reply 321 of 326, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What are your specs, are other Dos glide games running fine?

Last edited by ruthan on 2020-02-09, 09:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 322 of 326, by BillyH666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ruthan wrote:

What are you specs, are other Dos glide games running fine?

Video Card: Voodoo 3 2000 AGP
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Live!
CPU: AMD K6-2 550AGR
Mobo: BCM VP1543

Tomb Raider (with rush/banshee patch) and Carmageddon both run glide mode fine.

Reply 323 of 326, by Phreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

without going through 17 pages 😉 could somebody reupload the whole package to a server instead of mediafire single files ? (and update the first post...)

ArGUS Parts list: http://bit.ly/2Ddf89V

Reply 324 of 326, by Dochartaigh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Baoran wrote on 2019-02-02, 12:08:

I tested tomb raider quite a while to get it working with voodoo 2 card. Basically in the end I managed to make it work on my pentium 3 system.
From http://falconfly.vogonswiki.com/voodoo2.html I downloaded driver version win9x V3.03.00 and I copied glide2x.ovl file from the driver to the tomb raider installation directly. All the other glide2x.ovl file version from other driver packages on that web site were too speed sensitive that my voodoo 2 would not be detected by them in pentium 3 system.

Just wanted to say thank you for this. I'm having a hell of a time getting my Voodoo 2 setup, but this worked for me on Tomb Raider on my Pentium 3 with Voodoo 2! The Tombrush file alone wasn't doing it - needed that glide2x.ovl added to the directory.

Reply 325 of 326, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Macversions of TombRaider Series seem to be different and support voodoo glide but also RAVE and OpenGL. But not all of them.

CPU: PII 133-333 MOBO: SNI-D981 RAM: 512- FDD: Dualfloppy 3,5"HD/5,25"HD - 3,5"HD - 5,25"DD ISA-Catweasel HDD: 2x40GB - DVD
ISA(3): Audician32-S2Dreamblaster - GusACE PCI(3): Monster3D- Intel NW AGP(1): 3dfx V3-3000

Reply 326 of 326, by jcarvalho

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi!
I need some help, I have anP2@450, 128MB RAM and running pure DOS with Voodoo2. I have installed the Shadow Warrior registered edition and applied the patch, I have those glide2x.* files on my dos PATH that is c:\DOS71.
I have done a batch file like this
SET SST_GRXCLK=90
SET SST_FT_CLK_DEL=0x4
SET SST_TF0_CLK_DEL=0x6
SET SST_TF1_CLK_DEL=0x6
SET SST_VIN_CLKDEL=0x1
SET SST_VOUT_CLKDEL=0x0
SET SST_TMUMEM_SIZE=2

After using the new SETUP that come with the "patch" I run the bat and start the game and it freezes with "Could not open 3Dfx context. Exiting..."
Please note that the shareware version with 3dfx patch worked well with no environment vars defined
Any kind help please?