VOGONS

Reply 61 of 68, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Beegle wrote:
elianda wrote:

Maybe a set copyright bit when capturing from HDMI ?

You know what? The more I read about it, the more you're right.

Just checking back in - a small adapter did the trick and allowed me to record HDMI output from my PS3, maybe it can be useful for you as well.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 62 of 68, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did some more tests with DVI2PCIe, now testing the old arcade game Spelunker. I still don't know how to record in full framerate? And is there a way to remove those ugly vertical lines or at least make them less noticeable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TfaMnH-WjE

Reply 63 of 68, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well if you captured by VGA then adjust the PLL. What mode did you sync to? Maybe it was interlaced and thus half framerate?
Also which program did you use for capturing?

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 64 of 68, by jack7277

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it epiphan dvi2pcie ?

What soft do I need to capture?
May I capture with some soft and play looking there? I don't want another monitor and splitter. What lag ?

I have avermedia game broadcaster hd and it has shifted image to 8 pixels right when capturing voodoo2, it is annoying ))
It's soft - RECentral can show the picture quite lag-free, I can play and capture by Bandicam ))

Reply 65 of 68, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is about this card: https://www.epiphan.com/store/dvi2pcie/

Epiphan Systems doesn't list any card called HDMI2PCIe in their legacy products list.
So I am not sure how reliable your linked ebay sale is.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 67 of 68, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Time for a necro thread bump 😎

DNSDies wrote:
So, I got tired of waiting for someone to take some photos of their AV kit and just probed the board myself. […]
Show full quote

So, I got tired of waiting for someone to take some photos of their AV kit and just probed the board myself.

The AV kit is a SCAM. You're paying $250 for a breakout board.

The pinout of the JP1 header is:

Top row (Pins 1-5)- Ground
Pin 6 - Composite Video/ Svideo Luminance (Y)
Pin 7 - Svideo Chrominance (UV)
Pin 8 - Microphone In
Pin 9 - Audio Left In
Pin 10 - Audio Right In

I didn't probe the JP4 header for "balanced" very carefully, but:
Pin 2, 5, 6, and 9 are ground, and it just uses 2 pins for each audio channel.
Left is likely pins 1&7, right is likely pins 4&8

For $20, you can get a DB9 to Motherboard 2x5 pin header bracket, female Svideo/Composite/L/R cables, and a DB9 connector and hood and make a custom breakout cable.

I put together a breakout cable a few days ago. The s-video and composite work, but the audio is too loud and clips often. I tried both a game console and a DVD player and with the same results. Did you have the same problem?

Reply 68 of 68, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The stereo audio inputs on the epiphan, I believe, are at line level.
Try turning down the volume of the capture card in the recording device settings, and turn off any boost (like, WAY down).
You could also build an attenuation circuit in a little project box with a potentiometer.
Then you could adjust the volume as needed to eliminate those problems.

You could also experiment with an 4 or 8 ohm resistor in series of the audio lines.
Most audio devices outputting at line level expect speakers to have a certain level of resistance in them (4-8 ohms).

Measure the voltage and current of the audio line coming from your source audio and pick an appropriate resistor. Just put something loud on and measure it with a multi-meter. Using a 1/4 watt resistor might be fine, but better safe than sorry.