VOGONS

Tell me this Vogons Wiki information about Voodoo 2 is false...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 60 of 69, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:
Yep http://i.imgur.com/vrDSWuh.png […]
Show full quote
leileilol wrote:

Don't feed the troll.

Yep
vrDSWuh.png

I'm surprised so many people missed this detail.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 62 of 69, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

I think that is just another language snafu. You can't look at the posts on first page and conclude that xjas and DOSfan1994 are the same person, if that's what this image is supposed to imply.

I know. They don't even have the same writing style.
And yet I wonder why Dosfan1994 would say "I got it from X" in answer to a post that isn't his. That's a pretty difficult to explain translation loss if it is the case.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 63 of 69, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The first and most obvious conclusion is that they're the same person, and they forgot to switch accounts.

But yeah, the writing style is different enough that I think that perhaps DOSfan1994 is just a bit crazy, lost track of what he/she did/didn't actually post, and thought Jade Falcon was addressing them rather than xjas.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 64 of 69, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When I first saw the thread title, I already knew something was fishy.

Just be wary with what DOSfan1994 says. Even his first post here got locked. And it's not because he may not be a native English speaker. leileilol's link shows he/she was banned because of his/her annoying insistence of nonsense. Again, it was under a different user name there, but the pattern of nonsense is the same.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 65 of 69, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

The first and most obvious conclusion is that they're the same person, and they forgot to switch accounts.

But yeah, the writing style is different enough that I think that perhaps DOSfan1994 is just a bit crazy, lost track of what he/she did/didn't actually post, and thought Jade Falcon was addressing them rather than xjas.

Alternate option, slightly less obvious yet logical: DOSfan1994 was referring to his first post, and indicated where he got the information, namely a different source than what xjas suggested.

That said, DOSfan1994's posts remind me of another member on here who posted an almost equally inane thread in Marvin related to using way too much memory on a early Windows system (just like one of DOSfan1994's threads referred to in this topic), got repeatedly told that fixing the memory issue would fix his issues (just like DOSfan1994's memory-related thread), and repeatedly ignored the advice and continued posting nonsensical things vaguely related to it (just like in DOSfan1994's threads in general - do I sound like a broken record yet?). So I wouldn't be surprised if DOSfan1994 had multiple accounts (typical troll behaviour), but only a mod with the proper access can tell us for sure if that's true.

Reply 66 of 69, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lets not start a witchhunt shall we? 😀

This DOSfan1994 clearly has his motives and to me he's not really playing fair game here.

Either that or he simply has trouble getting facts straight. Or both 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 67 of 69, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

xjas you damn troll, you gone and given a perfectly valid answer on post #4 in relation to your own trolly question.

Infact I would go so far to say that the question was answered perfectly satisfactory from the first 2 non OP respondants in this thread. Coupled with some experiences mentioned and Glide links.. interesting read.

The rest of this diatribe is perfect example of what makes a place like this fun. God bless Vogons.

Reply 68 of 69, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

This thread is sad. Full of immature children that can't get along with someone that's a little different. Not only did you derail the thread with this trolling nonsice but singled a person out that has some trouble with English.
You guys must feel pound of yourselves. 😒

Beegle wrote:

I know. They don't even have the same writing style.
And yet I wonder why Dosfan1994 would say "I got it from X" in answer to a post that isn't his. That's a pretty difficult to explain translation loss if it is the case.

He might be trying to say that he "I found the same info here" or something to that effect.