VOGONS

Games for GeForce 4 Ti 4200?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 42, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Scali wrote:
Well, this is not about new users. I find it strange that it seems that hardly any one here, even many long-time forum members, […]
Show full quote
feipoa wrote:

Although such information may have been repeated throughout the years, this may be the first time many readers have been informed of this aspect of compatibility. I am constantly repeating myself on this forum as new users emerge and I do not really expect everyone to exhaustively uncover past posts and information.

Well, this is not about new users. I find it strange that it seems that hardly any one here, even many long-time forum members, don't seem to grasp DX9 and hardware compatibility, and actually argue *against* facts and logic.
Which is strange, given that this forum is specifically dedicated to retro gaming/hardware. You would expect the more experienced members to be intimately familiar with just how complicated DX9 really is.

That's my two main gripes here:
1) The main protagonist here was someone who registered back in 2004 (ironically right in the heyday of DX9 when the GF4 was still a very common card).
2) It's not just not knowing, but actually arguing (strongly) against someone who tries to give a good explanation with facts and logic, repeatedly.

Alot of people where upgrading frequently back then, maybe he didn't use DX8 gpu's in 2003/2004 for gaming.

But GF2 was viable until 2005, GF3/4 was Viable until 2007 at low settings strangly GF FX was viable until 2007 also, it just got to slow. GF6/7 was still supported in games until 2011, and DX10 GPU's still supported until 2013/14, and in alot of games still are.

Reply 41 of 42, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
candle_86 wrote:

Alot of people where upgrading frequently back then, maybe he didn't use DX8 gpu's in 2003/2004 for gaming.

Well, here's a revolutionary idea: If you don't have an informed opinion on a particular matter, perhaps it's best not to give an opinion at all.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 42 of 42, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just like kids don't learn from teachers they don't like, not much has changed. It doesn't matter to me how smart, clever or right someone is, if that person acts like an asshole then people don't care about the message. And quite the opposite is also true, be charismatic and people will listen even to wrong messages.

I hope everyone learns something here.

YouTube, Facebook, Website