VOGONS

First post, by DarthNvader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there anyway I could get the PCI Configuration Register from someone with a Voodoo2?

I'm trying to add Voodoo2 emulation to Qemu-PPC, so that I can emulate it under Mac OS 9.

I've enumerated it in the device tree, and name space, but the Voodo2 drivers don't load> I'm unsure of what the drivers look for in order to load. I know that a standard PC Voodoo2 worked in a Mac, the drivers would load, and the Voodoo2 doesn't have an Option Rom. So whatever the drivers look for must be in the PCI Configuration Registers.

I think anyone with a voodo2 installed can get the data I need by right clicking the Voodoo2 in Windows XP device manager and choosing properties, then click the details tab and selecting from the drop down menu.

Really, I need the Class-code, and the Subdevice ID, but please let me have any data you can get from the drop down menu.

Alternately, you can try a tool like PCitree, and see what data you can dump from the Voodoo2.

http://www.pcitree.de/userguide.html

Reply 2 of 6, by DarthNvader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, I found the Databook for the Voodoo2, the Class-code is 0x03800, but there doesn't seem to be a Subdevice ID, or a Sub-Class ID in the PCI Configuration Registers.

That maybe because they don't exist for the Voodoo2.

I suppose the Mac OS drivers won't load until I actually start emulation the Chip, Vram, and Ringbus.

I really should order a Voodoo2, only $4.99 on Amazon;-)

Reply 5 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DarthNvader wrote:

I think anyone with a voodo2 installed can get the data I need by right clicking the Voodoo2 in Windows XP device manager and choosing properties, then click the details tab and selecting from the drop down menu.l[/url]

Vendor ID: 121A
Device ID: 0002

I don't even have to boot XP for this, it'll show up in post's PCI device listing 😀

You can also figure out these IDs from windows driver's .inf files.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 6, by DarthNvader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:
Vendor ID: 121A Device ID: 0002 […]
Show full quote
DarthNvader wrote:

I think anyone with a voodo2 installed can get the data I need by right clicking the Voodoo2 in Windows XP device manager and choosing properties, then click the details tab and selecting from the drop down menu.l[/url]

Vendor ID: 121A
Device ID: 0002

I don't even have to boot XP for this, it'll show up in post's PCI device listing 😀

You can also figure out these IDs from windows driver's .inf files.

Thanks, I'm aware of the vendor and device ID's, I need the Subdevice ID, if any, and the Class/Subclass codes.

It seems Bochs uses a Class code of 0x0380, but Dosbox uses a Class Code of 0x04.