VOGONS

First post, by Kevin_CCR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I just installed a new voodoo2 into my win98 rig (Geforce2 ti, p3 1ghz, 512mb of ram, and an asus p2b-f) but when I try to change the resolution, it completely hangs up and I can't do anything. In some cases I get a blue screen or a black screen with green lines at the very top. Any suggestions on what to do????

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My Voodoo 1 can pass-trough 1920x1080 no problem. Though I don't think it does really care for the resolution of the 2D card.
It just takes over whenever the game is running.. I also assume it's a driver's issue. Try both the generic and vendor drivers.

Oh, and also try a different monitor! The Voodoo perhaps also uses a different frequency/refresh rate than your 2D card.
Could be possible that a modern monitor can't handle this. Some vendor drivers do have a control panel to adjust that, though.

No idea, if this works with dxdiag.exe, though. It tends to ovveride any default settings or maybe just doesn't care for.
If there is any resource conflict, try to change the i/o range of the card.

No idea, if this can be done, though. Haven't tried so far.. 😅
Also have a look at this page, it has lots of information: http://www.mdgx.com/3dfx.htm

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//