VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:
pcwizard7 wrote:
I look around on the net and found a geforce4 Ti4600 AGP x4 and based on the research i found it should be able to run at x2 as […]
Show full quote
jade_angel wrote:

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought you were saying that the board had an AGP 4x slot that would work with 2x cards (which most if not all 4x slots will, IIRC).

GeForce 4 lineup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_4_series

I look around on the net and found a geforce4 Ti4600 AGP x4 and based on the research i found it should be able to run at x2 as well and work in x2 3.3V Motherboard.

Research Infor

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

I also read the FX Series didn't work well with p3s but great with AMD Athlon

the only thing that worry me about the card is brand name i ve never heard of them: CHAINTECH?
also if i get this card to work is it worth putting in the voodo 2 PCI Card i have in P4 in p3?
Also i may need to oil the fan or replace it so do you know the right oil or replacement fan for that card?

thanks

For oiling fan bearings, after trying a few different things, including 3-in-1, I have settled on a single drop of full synthetic motor oil for small fans. My brand of choice is Mobile-1, but any synthetic will work fine. I usually have 5w-20 or 10w-30 around and either works fine. You don't have to worry about it drying up like petroleum based oils will do over time.

How many quart would that be?

Reply 21 of 24, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jade_angel wrote:

I'm really not sure. I'd have to go Google-diving, which, since you have the card in front of you, you can do more easily than me.

I don't have it on me its on its way but by looking at image the power connector is a 2pin and baed on fan i found we looking for a 45-50mm fan

Fan Dimension: 45 x 45 x 10 mm
Dimension: 88 x 65 x 15 mm

Thanks

Reply 23 of 24, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For oiling fan bearings, after trying a few different things, including 3-in-1, I have settled on a single drop of full synthetic motor oil for small fans. My brand of choice is Mobile-1, but any synthetic will work fine. I usually have 5w-20 or 10w-30 around and either works fine. You don't have to worry about it drying up like petroleum based oils will do over time.

How many quart would that be?

Not sure what you mean by that. I usually buy the 5-quart jugs, but you can get 1-quart bottles as well.

5w-20 and 10w-30 is the viscosity rating.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 24 of 24, by ras2a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pcwizard7 wrote on 2017-04-21, 14:36:
If i could find replacement fan what should i look for? It looks like a 2 screw from the image? […]
Show full quote
jade_angel wrote:

Oil, try 3-in-1 Motor oil, marked for electric motors.

If i could find replacement fan what should i look for? It looks like a 2 screw from the image?

The 4600. TI is best AGP I could get for this board so i luck out there and wanted to say thanks for sticking with me and helping out

Thanks

Hi there,

I have the Aopen AX6BC and was considering a Geforce 4 Ti, but obviously came across the same issue in that our boards only officially support AGP 2x. Did you actually get the Ti 4600 mentioned in your above post to work properly with a PIII and everything at 133 MHz?

Thank you
Craig