Voodoo3 3000 vs TNT2 Pro

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Fusion wrote:

Hey Phil, any games you'd suggest I'd throw at these cards? I'm really just trying to justify a reason to use this TNT2 Pro. 🤣 I test with 3DMark, Q3 and RtCW. Looking for something that isn't a Quake engine game. I wanted to bench Soldier of Fortune, even though its Q2 based, but the demo1.dm2 I found won't work with the version I have so that backfired.

Got Unreal? At the start press ~ for the console to come down and type timedemo 1

I usually take the third run.

Attached is fraps that runs in 98. For a quick and easy test just find a spot in your favourite game, save the game, write down the FPS, then change resolutions. Give you a rough idea.

But you can also log some actual gameplay if you want.

Attachments

• Filename
    fraps19d.zip
    File size
    70.56 KiB
    Downloads
    59 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 21 of 23, by Fusion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have Unreal but that gives the Voodoo a unfair advantage. 😉

Pentium III @ 1.28Ghz - Intel SE440xBX-2 - 384MB PC100 - ATi Radeon DDR 64MB @ 200/186 - SB Live! 5.1 - Windows ME

Reply 22 of 23, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Fusion wrote:

I have Unreal but that gives the Voodoo a unfair advantage. 😉

Oh I thought you're going to quickly checkout resolution scaling to see if the CPU is fast enough.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 23 of 23, by Fusion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oops my bad.
No, I'm looking for games that I can benchmark and compare the 2 cards. I've learned today that the "dynamic lights" option in Quake 3, when turned off gives a nice boost in fps, nearly 8fps! With no noticeable quality drop unless you're looking for light flicker from explosions and rockets, etc.

Pentium III @ 1.28Ghz - Intel SE440xBX-2 - 384MB PC100 - ATi Radeon DDR 64MB @ 200/186 - SB Live! 5.1 - Windows ME