VOGONS

First post, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey all.

I was having a look at the VGA compatibility matrix and decided that I would snag an S3 Trio64V2/DX for super cheap. It's been a wonderful card so far, but it has exhibited some palette issues with One Must Fall. Sometimes the colors of the robots will bleed out into the arena colors. I haven't experienced this with any other game, nor any other video adapter I've used. Is there something I should try with this card specifically?

I'm also wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with a different card, in case there might be more information we could have added to the VGA compatibility matrix to test.

This problem takes time to reproduce, unfortunately, and involves playing a few matches and watching the colors do weird things during the match.

Edit: Come to think of it, I have not found out which version of the BIOS exists on this card. I'll do that and update.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA

Reply 1 of 1, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SaxxonPike wrote:

I'm also wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with a different card, in case there might be more information we could have added to the VGA compatibility matrix to test.

Isn't there some sort of setting for odd palette functionality/features in OMF2097? It seems like I turned one particular item off and did some other SVGA compatibility option when I played through it last year on a Virge DX. Seems like I had a snow issue of some sort.

Also - that compatibility matrix needs some work. Focuses way too much on odd obscurities and not enough on common games.

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video