VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

I am using an S3 Trio3D/2X with my ss7 machine and I noticed that I cannot get 320x400 resolution to work in Duke Nukem 3D. Although the card has a VBE2.0 BIOS it appears that it's "missing" some stuff 🤣
UNIVBE 6.7 or S3VBE20 do not support the Trio3D/2x chipset, maybe someone knows of a TSR that works?

TIA!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 4, by wbc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

guess what 🤣
by the way, I've noticed "snow" artifacts in Duke3D on Trio3D/2X during palette change (with or without S3VBEFIX in every VESA or VGA mode), seems that someone can't wait until retrace to update palette without glitches 😀

--wbcbz7

Reply 2 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oh my... I even replied several times at that thread... 😐 damn you old age!
thanks for the reminder wbc 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 4, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

320X400 is a good mode in Duke Nukem 3D on my cyrix 5x86-120 with ark logic VGA, the performance hit is small from 320X200 and is a noticeable improvement in visual quality.

Reply 4 of 4, by wbc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dirkmirk wrote:

320X400 is a good mode in Duke Nukem 3D on my cyrix 5x86-120 with ark logic VGA, the performance hit is small from 320X200 and is a noticeable improvement in visual quality.

you can also try 320x480, 400x300 and 512x384 via tweaking resolution parameters in DUKE3D.CFG, but butmap gfx (such as HUD, title\endlevel screens etc.) will be stretched.

--wbcbz7