VOGONS

First post, by agent_js03

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

I have installed a creative Video Blaster rt300 ISA video capture card in my old pentium box with Windows 95. I installed the driver and diagnostic tool as well as Video For Windows. So there are three composite video ins on the back of the card. I assume these are inputs for standard composite video such as what comes from my VCR (please correct me if this assumption is wrong). So I tried plugging video from my VCR into the card's input 1. When I opened vidcap and selected video input 1, I initially saw what looked like a bunch of colorful scan lines, and then what looked like a dark screen with some colorful flashing bars at the bottom. These did not match what the video output should look like. I am wondering what is going wrong, do I need to adjust some setting somewhere?

I wanted to mention that when I installed the software, it expected a specific base address and IRQ, and the IRQ did not match the physical jumper configuration on the card, which required me to open the PC up and move the jumper to IRQ 11 instead of 10, and now the card is reported as working. I do not know if these settings could affect what the picture looks like or not, I am thinking not. But I'm no hardware expert.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know what software can be used for full screen video playback with this card? I could not find this option in VidCap.