VOGONS

First post, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thought it would be nice to plug the ol' pentium4 into my 4k tv in the livingroom for some older games. Hooked it up with a dvi-hdmi cable, but immediately ran into the problem that the system refuses to post outright.
As soon as I plug it into a dvi capable 1200p monitor everything is just peachy. Anyone tried something similar and ran into the same issues? I'm using a LG 49UH610V.

update: now experiencing a weird issue with XP. it boots, and then runs into a bluescreen where the displaydriver timeouts. Managed to run VGA mode through the boot menu, it still defaults one of the displays to 3840x2160 it seems (not connected and res. obivously not supoorted), and can switch back to proper res and everything runs fine.
As soon as I try to reboot, its back the bluescreen with the display driver timeout. Reinstalled the catalyst drivers, but problem persists.

Reply 1 of 2, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe the GPU is trying to set unsupported resolution and that causes a bsod. X1950 can do 2560x1600 maximum over dual-link DVI. As far as I know HDMI is essentially a single-link DVI (+ sound and stuff) so it might support 1920x1200 when running X1950.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware