VOGONS

Nvidia NV1 & Sega Saturn?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 20, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I had a megadrive, and while it did have some Arcade titles, which were actually quite true to the Arcade version, ultimately the neogeo gave the actual experience imo (full vibrant colours, speed, and almost FMV like sequences without...FMV)... and arcade sticks...as standard!. Granted there weren't any titles that traversed these two platforms though. The megadrive in that sense is maybe a bit like how I felt about saturn's arcade offering. Yes you can now play SegaRally, VirtuaFighter, Daytona at home, but it didn't have the smooth FPS and, bass bloated distorted sound, and that true Arcade feel. Dramcast on the other hand...WAS DaytonaUSA from the Arcade at home, especially on one of them big fat TV's with a sub woofer and steering wheel!

Perhaps where I grew up was full of MVS cabinets, Sega in the arcades to me, was more Virtua<insert discipline>, and various racing games. etc not so much Outrun/Space Harrier/After burner which were around, but that era Kanomi/Capcom/SNK were more promenent. First time I played Sonic in the Arcades, I completed it... o.0 that was the same on the megadrive/genesis 😀, before playing it in the arcades, I had already lost count how many times I had completed that game... waste of 25p really o.0.