VOGONS

First post, by Metallian1988

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone! Sorry for m bad english. I have problem with my stb voodoo 3 2000 agp. I have tested that game with different configs - Duron 1300 + Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 and Pentium III + Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X-P. In both configs i used aureal vortex 1, windows 98se, virtual clonevdrive and have tried different versions of drivers and direct x, but result was the same - massive framedrops, especially on Kindiak Park track and because of smoke tree sptites. Can it be a hardware problem, or i should try another way? Btw, i have installed fan on voodoo's heatsink, but nothing(.

Reply 1 of 2, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found my old thread about my V3 and NFS4. From what I remember anything 1024x768 or higher seems to get some performance issues.

Here's the old thead about it. My memory isn't the greatest but don't think I ever to it "smooth" with 1024x768.
NFS4 (High Stakes) playability on Voodoo 3 3000

EDIT: I see you posted in that thread. Sorry about that. Best of luck.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 2 of 2, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I notice it at Dolphin Cove just past the lighthouse, once they have police blocks and traffic starts banking up that starts to lag big time even on faster P3's or P4's with average graphics cards.
I haven't had a chance to try now I have decent P4 era graphics cards, but similar hardware can play NFS Porsche fine all of the time so think its down to the game.