VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looking for a monitor arm to hold my "CRT replacement" Dell 2001FP (or maybe a dual-monitor stand as I'm planning to get another one 😎 )

I'm after something that can do this:

monitorstand.jpg
Filename
monitorstand.jpg
File size
202.85 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

(Sorry for the crude drawing)

Nowhere in town seems to stock these; I don't want to order online "blind" and end up with some cheap flimsy thing. That said, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg either. Any of you guys know of a good one?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can you make do with a standard swing arm mount? I think it would reach far enough if you have the vertical clearance for the pole stand.

Filename
shelfmount.png
File size
5.96 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 4, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I love this one, even bought an arm extension for it.
https://www.amazon.com/Desk-Mount-LCD-Tall-Po … e/dp/B00689HXI4

Not cheap, but oh so robust and very flexible 'settings'... 😁
The arm can be mounted anywhere on that pole, so for your purposes it'd probably be at the bottom.

Granted, it has no telescopic(!) arms, but I cannot imagine such a thing would exist (all that friction inside the tube when heavy monitor on the far end..?).

Is lateral shelf space the problem here, or....?

PS: the short pole version is $30ish cheaper, if you don't think you'll ever need that xtra height flexibility.
https://www.amazon.com/LX-Desk-Mount-LCD-Arm/dp/B00358RIRC

Reply 3 of 4, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It doesn't have to work exactly like I've drawn, I just need something that can put the monitor in those two positions & can easily be adjusted on the fly. 😀 Something like ^^ that would work fine (but man it's expensive! Get what you pay for I guess.)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 4 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

xImage-139.jpg.pagespeed.ic.wbrvJRu2dH.jpg

As long as the arm extension is enough, I think something like this would be good for you. The knuckle by the monitor allows vertical tilt and the pole allows height adjustment.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder