Reply 41 of 43, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Oldtech81 wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
Oldtech81 wrote:

3.3 and 5v are spot on. I've already tried a different PSU but that didnt resolve the stability issues.

At the moment i have the voodoo 3 installed and even in win98 it sometimes freezes while everything seems to be ok. Hdd is new (SSD), ram is ok, bios settings are ok, windows installation is clean, latest drivers etc.
i start to suspect the mainboard or cpu is running on its last legs.

What happens if you use a PCI graphics card? Ideal would be if you could exchange the V3-3000 AGP for a V3 3000 PCI, but you may not have all these laying around.

In fact i don't have any PCI video cards but the system is now stable with the voodoo3 , don't know what caused the freeze i had before with the voodoo card because its now gone. Other 2 cards are still not working 100% but i'll just leave it since the ati card performs worse and the gf card is clearly bottlenecked by the CPU so no real gains here. Might do a recap of the board some day to see if that fixes things or just get another board .

It might be a good idea to have a couple, if only for troubleshooting. It can save you a lot of time down the road, sometimes some parts just don't want to cooperate with each other and it may be best to try another combination. And having the right equipment will save you halve the pain, so to say 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 42 of 43, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Auzner wrote:

Thanks. That HIP6013 chip (U19?), there's one like it inbetween the AGP and PCI slot (U14?). Can you show a picture of that one as well?

No time, I'll describe U14 instead:
14 legs.
Line 1: Texas instr. logo then a poorly readable code which I guess goes: 92C1JST
Line 2: HCT14
May be "74HCT14 Hex Schmitt−Trigger Inverter with LSTTL Compatible Inputs"

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 43 of 43, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of all the things to show up in a Google search for a seemingly random part number... ftp://ftp.tekwind.co.jp/pub/asustw/report/mb/p5a.pdf

(Page 45)

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video