VOGONS

First post, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My newly acquired Tandy CM-5 monitor has an apparent permanent bright red background when video signal is applied, on multiple systems.

Any idea where to begin investigating this?

The connector itself seems undamaged. All apps and games seem to suffer from the problem, so I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the monitor or cable itself. Tapping on the monitor case and wiggling the display connector on either end doesn't change anything.

Reply 1 of 2, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd say start by checking continuity on the video cable, if the CM-5 is one of those monitors that show a white screen when the computer is off and/or the video cable is unplugged it might be a severed connection on the red video line, being internally pulled up to logic 1 by the monitor when disconnected from the video card.

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 2 of 2, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
133MHz wrote:

I'd say start by checking continuity on the video cable, if the CM-5 is one of those monitors that show a white screen when the computer is off and/or the video cable is unplugged it might be a severed connection on the red video line, being internally pulled up to logic 1 by the monitor when disconnected from the video card.

It shows white screen when computer is off. It also stopped having problems last night after about an hour, seems to be working fine now.