VOGONS

First post, by hellslinger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've recently pulled this dual capture card from a 2005 era HTPC I found at a local PC store in the scrap section. I badly wanted the case, which is an old Antec Fusion silver-remote with working LCD which will be getting a Ryzen+Vega APU.

This card is an AverMedia M1A2-E. The drivers are hard to find. Does anyone have a use for such a card? I'll give it to you for the price of shipping. I bet in its day, it was quite nice.

Attachments

• avermedia2.jpg
    Filename
    avermedia2.jpg
    File size
    204.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • avermedia1.jpg
    Filename
    avermedia1.jpg
    File size
    169.71 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 1, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That looks like a Avermedia Purity3D 500, It has a hardware encoder for PVR functions. Analog recording is actually a thing in some circles usually for things like laserdisc restoration or old VHS. Most people want a card that can do uncompressed analog recording with a 3d comb filter in a program like virtual dub.

Without really trying to research that card my immediate impression is this card can't do that but if you find out it can it could be valuable. If it doesn't though its value is really low unless it is capable of tuning clearQAM. Then it could still be usefull for someone that has access to unencrypted TV broadcasts or if thier cable company has unencrypted digital channels. If this scenario isn't true than the card really doesn't have much value in 2018. As all you are left with is PVR functions for analog cable TV which may still be a thing somone but I think it's not really that wanted.