VOGONS

Reply 20 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2018-03-17, 21:50:

Awesome, Good job !

Hi mate

i have a 939dual-vsta, but i am still unable to install the driver for my geforce 980Ti card, see photos attached, i tried 399.24 but always said cannot find compitable grapics hardware.
OS is windows 7 pro sp1.

please help me. thanks.

Attachments

Reply 21 of 33, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember now. If the too new cards then they usually have firmware only have UEFI programmed in and could be a issue on very old boards. Not legacy part.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 22 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pentiumspeed wrote on 2021-04-15, 02:15:

I remember now. If the too new cards then they usually have firmware only have UEFI programmed in and could be a issue on very old boards. Not legacy part.

Cheers,

hi thanks.
not quite follow, but agent_x007 even had 1080ti working on it....

Reply 23 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2018-03-11, 23:45:
Hello […]
Show full quote

Hello

Simple goal for today :
I would like to use AMD Radeon R9 390X on my 939Dual-VSTA board 😀

Main problem I can't seem to figure out is this :
9CHDP5z.png

Because of ^that, there are no video adapters to install drivers for :
PA9xlXd.png

GPU clearly works (because I can do everything in Basic VGA mode), but... it can't do anything more than that.

PCI-e 3.0 isn't the issue here as GTX 780 Ti works flawlessly on this setup :
vTrm6sx.png

Any ideas ?
Thank you.

PS. Cards I'm using : LINK

Hi mate

i have exact problem as yours, can i please know how you make the video card work ? i am using GTX 980TI,with almost same motherboard, - 939dual-vsta.

thanks.

Reply 24 of 33, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Matthew Li wrote on 2021-04-15, 03:39:

My GTX 780 Ti worked fine (no issues during installation), I don't own GTX 1080 Ti.

Matthew Li wrote on 2021-04-22, 02:19:

Hi mate

i have exact problem as yours, can i please know how you make the video card work ? i am using GTX 980TI,with almost same motherboard, - 939dual-vsta.

thanks.

Using latest NV drivers may be problematic, if Win7 isn't updated (as newer GFE requires newer .NET that is available on Win7).
Have you tried manual istallation (picking card to install from .inf file) ?

157143230295.png

Reply 25 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2021-04-24, 10:31:
My GTX 780 Ti worked fine (no issues during installation), I don't own GTX 1080 Ti. […]
Show full quote

My GTX 780 Ti worked fine (no issues during installation), I don't own GTX 1080 Ti.

Hi mate

thanks.

Using latest NV drivers may be problematic, if Win7 isn't updated (as newer GFE requires newer .NET that is available on Win7).

Ah, thanks to finding you mate, sorry, i mean you have GTX1080 work on it ? on the previous post it shows it on the photo. can i please know is there any setting you set , or you just install the nv driver step by step ?

because on the first post, you met the yellow question mark on device manager, with "PCI Express standard Root Port", i just wonder to know how you resolved this.

many thanks.

Reply 26 of 33, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Matthew Li wrote on 2021-04-24, 11:06:
Ah, thanks to finding you mate, sorry, i mean you have GTX1080 work on it ? on the previous post it shows it on the photo. can i […]
Show full quote
My GTX 780 Ti worked fine (no issues during installation), I don't own GTX 1080 Ti. […]
Show full quote

Hi mate

thanks.

Ah, thanks to finding you mate, sorry, i mean you have GTX1080 work on it ? on the previous post it shows it on the photo. can i please know is there any setting you set , or you just install the nv driver step by step ?

because on the first post, you met the yellow question mark on device manager, with "PCI Express standard Root Port", i just wonder to know how you resolved this.

many thanks.

I swapped GPUs for NV (original card was 390X).
Later I managed to make it work for few times, but then I got error again 😒
My GTX 1080 (non-Ti), worked fine after GTX 780 Ti. No issues on it during installation (just pluged it in, install drivers I had for GTX 780 Ti, and it worked fine).
I suggest force installation of 980 Ti driver if you can, also - try to use different chipset drivers ?
I assume you have error near your GPU/PCIe bridge in Device Manager ?

157143230295.png

Reply 27 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2021-04-24, 13:31:
I swapped GPUs for NV (original card was 390X). Later I managed to make it work for few times, but then I got error again :/ My […]
Show full quote
Matthew Li wrote on 2021-04-24, 11:06:
Ah, thanks to finding you mate, sorry, i mean you have GTX1080 work on it ? on the previous post it shows it on the photo. can i […]
Show full quote

many thanks.

I swapped GPUs for NV (original card was 390X).
Later I managed to make it work for few times, but then I got error again 😒
My GTX 1080 (non-Ti), worked fine after GTX 780 Ti. No issues on it during installation (just pluged it in, install drivers I had for GTX 780 Ti, and it worked fine).
I suggest force installation of 980 Ti driver if you can, also - try to use different chipset drivers ?
I assume you have error near your GPU/PCIe bridge in Device Manager ?

yes, i got the error exactly same as you, in the device manager.
if 1080 worked, but 980ti did not, then it means this motherboard has some bug or not stable.
how can i 'force' install the 980ti driver ? i tried to update driver from the device with yellow question mark in device manager, but still no luck.
and what do you mean different chipset driver ? is there a 939dual driver for windows 7 ? i only found some from asrock website, but none of them are related to chipset....

Reply 28 of 33, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you tried to install XP/Vista drivers, they may re-arrange some memory allocation and make board devices work/don't work easier (it's really not like this, but I shortned it to make it easier to read).
Regardless, I assume you can see your card in device manager though, since you do have an option to install drivers for it ?

I didin't tested ALL PCI-e 3.0 GPUs I have on it.
Q : Which Windows version you are using ?

157143230295.png

Reply 29 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2021-04-26, 12:20:
If you tried to install XP/Vista drivers, they may re-arrange some memory allocation and make board devices work/don't work easi […]
Show full quote

If you tried to install XP/Vista drivers, they may re-arrange some memory allocation and make board devices work/don't work easier (it's really not like this, but I shortned it to make it easier to read).
Regardless, I assume you can see your card in device manager though, since you do have an option to install drivers for it ?

I didin't tested ALL PCI-e 3.0 GPUs I have on it.
Q : Which Windows version you are using ?

Hi thanks for reply, mate, i only found software from asrock website :

ULi AGP driver ver:2.30
C-Media audio driver ver:5.12.8.1604
AMD Cool'n'Quiet driver ver:1.3.1
Lan driver ver:3.50
SATA RAID Driver 
JMicron SATA2 driver ver:109
ULi SATA driver ver:1058f

which driver you want me to try ?

and mine is window 7 64 sp1 , see photo down below.

Attachments

Reply 31 of 33, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah... that's basicly what I had.
To be honest, I never dig deeper on why/how to resolved this.
In my case, it simply worked with different card.
Maybe it's IRQ allocation on BIOS side that is the issue, but from what I tried - card simply refused to show up... until it did show up and then worked fine.
I will test compatibility of this board with more PCIe 3.0 GPUs again bt I don't know when exactly (but now I have more GPUs, so it should show a pattern at least).

157143230295.png

Reply 32 of 33, by Matthew Li

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2021-04-27, 06:05:
Yeah... that's basicly what I had. To be honest, I never dig deeper on why/how to resolved this. In my case, it simply worked wi […]
Show full quote

Yeah... that's basicly what I had.
To be honest, I never dig deeper on why/how to resolved this.
In my case, it simply worked with different card.
Maybe it's IRQ allocation on BIOS side that is the issue, but from what I tried - card simply refused to show up... until it did show up and then worked fine.
I will test compatibility of this board with more PCIe 3.0 GPUs again bt I don't know when exactly (but now I have more GPUs, so it should show a pattern at least).

Hi it's weird, my PCIE HIS 3870 works fine. is shown in the device manager.

Reply 33 of 33, by Mister No

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
agent_x007 wrote on 2021-04-27, 06:05:

Maybe it's IRQ allocation on BIOS side that is the issue

That's exactly what the problem is - BIOS resource allocation with GPUs that have 4 GB of VRAM or more. I had the same problem with my GTX 1050 Ti which has 4 GB VRAM. I found the solution accidentally when I plugged in my PCI sound card (Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty). The BIOS reallocated resources to accommodate the new sound card and as a byproduct the GTX 1050 Ti suddenly started working. No more yellow exclamation mark and no more (Code 35) in Device Manager, everything worked as a charm 😀

P.S. 939Dual-SATA2 also exhibits this problem. In that system I had no spare PCI cards, so I tried with both GTX 1050 Ti and 3850 AGP connected at the same time. And it worked as well 😀