Topic actions

Reply 21 of 31, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
labilbe wrote:
MMaximus wrote:

Hi, excuse me, do you know how to change vertical and horizontal positions (+ widths and heights) on this monitor?
I saw holes in the left of the screen but I don't understand how to change that.
Thank you.

I have this monitor in storage at the moment and don't remember if it has adjustments pots on the side. However I have checked the user manual and there is no mention of any adjustment functions apart from the brightness and contrast dials on the front panel.

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 22 of 31, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have both this card, CL-GD510/520 chipset, and its predecessor, CL-GD410/420. I ran some CGA compatibility benchmarks (there's a thread on this forum somewhere) a few years back. What I recall is that neither are 100% CGA compatible. The 5 series shows browns better than the 4 series. However, the 4 series runs at CGA 60Hz compared to 70Hz or so for the 5 series.

Reply 23 of 31, by kracos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same arche technologies VGA-0021A card but different BIOS.
It shows "ARCHE VGA BIOS Version 2.12" as shown in the photo attached, not "EAGLE II VGA BIOS Ver 3.00".
So, what's the difference?

MMaximus wrote:

I finally managed to pull the card out of storage and saved an image of the video BIOS using NSSI

The attachment eagle2.zip is no longer available

Attachments

• 20191223_1951322.jpg
    Filename
    20191223_1951322.jpg
    File size
    226.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 24 of 31, by Arkku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In case anyone is still interested, the DIP switches:

switches 1-4: monitor type
MDA: on on on on
CGA: off on on on
EGA: on off on on
TTL: off off on on
VGA: off on on off
PS/2: on on on off

switch 5: adapter primary/secondary
primary: on
secondary: off

switches 6-8: configuration
auto: on on on
MDA: on off on
CGA: off on on
EGA: off off on
VGA: on on off

(Note that you can force CGA or EGA configuration with switches 6-8 even if you select a VGA monitor with switches 1-4.)

Full VGA config: off on on off on on on on

Reply 25 of 31, by scorp

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys, I made a video about similar KP800/16 VGA card https://youtu.be/MZvCcadwblg
I found the documentation here: https://forum.system-cfg.com/viewtopic.php?t=9777

Can somebody add the files to vogonsdrivers (see attachement)? Here are the BIOS images from two EPROMS. The upper one is 27256 and the lower 27128.

I would also like to know, if the performance of your variants of this card is similar low.

Attachments

• Filename
    KP800_VGA.zip
    File size
    2.1 MiB
    Downloads
    142 downloads
    File comment
    KP800/16 VGA BIOS, Manual
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My Youtube channel Necroware

Reply 26 of 31, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently got a similar card, long, 8 bit ISA, with CL-GD520/540.
Thanks for the DIP switches, that helped.

My card has an 32kB Eagle II BIOS V2.12 from 1988.
When switched to MDA the BIOS size shrinks to 4 kB.
If there is interest I can upload the image.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 27 of 31, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote on 2018-08-23, 11:52:

BTW, the yellow color on Digger is wrong, it should be brown. Either that monitor doesn't care about the intensity pin or its the CGA emulation of the card that isn't correct. I bet its the earlier problem rather than the latter.

You can test all the low resolutions with a CGA monitor since it is all 15khz TTL. I think only the higher resolutions use 21KHz so using those modes on a CGA monitor is a big no no.

Kinda necroing this thread , but I had too. Those off colors have nothing to do with the hardware. There were many botched cracked versions of digger out there, this being one of them.

These are bonus mode colors, and as you can see digger dies from a run-in with a nobbin.
In bonus mode: "after shooting/killing 3 nobbins and eating the cherry" you can eat them and get 200/400/800 points.

Digger's avatar has the correct colors, I'm pretty sure that's not just a coincidence 🤣

EDIT: Al's Geek Lab, which drove me to this, mucked this up twice now. https://youtu.be/WZPtuXIe7Yk?t=340

Attachments

• digger.gif
    Filename
    digger.gif
    File size
    212.46 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 28 of 31, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is there somebody whos having the Cirrus logic GD510 / GD520 Utility / driver for me? Or knows the right route where i can find it? Any help will be appreciated.

Iam looking for the 8 bit version of it. Currently using the maxlogic version. but i think any 8 bit driver should help.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 29 of 31, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can try these ftp://retronn.de/driver/Spea_V7/V7_Vega/
They are for the Spea V7 Vega that has the same chipset.
Specifcally: https://retronn.de/imports/hwgal/hw_cl_vga.html

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 30 of 31, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote on 2019-03-28, 16:46:

You can compare the BIOS to the Spea/V7 VEGA VGA.
It is this card: https://retronn.de/imports/hwgal/hw_cl_vga.html

Thanks for you solution. But i still looking for anything better.

Dont care if its from VIP, Maxlogic or anything else.

But i will those spea v7 vega out and see what it does.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 31 of 31, by seri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
scorp wrote on 2020-07-19, 12:46:

Here are the BIOS images from two EPROMS. The upper one is 27256 and the lower 27128.

Thank you for uploading these, the 32K EPROM AM27C256 was corrupted on mine and after erasing and reflashing the card works now again!