VOGONS

First post, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a Radeon x800pro card that has some physical damage. The card was in one of my parts bins and it had a Radeon 9700pro on top of it, which has a zalman vf700 heatsink. I think the heatsink fins ripped off some components on the x800 when the bin was moved. The parts that were missing are c82, c86 and r17. I actually found c82 and c86 (I guess these are SMD caps?) in the bin and soldered them back on the board (badly. 🤣) but I could not find r17.

OK, so I was hoping someone here could help me figure out how to fix this. Should I replace r17? I'm guessing it's a resistor but I have no idea what its rating is. I found pics of a AGP x800pro card hoping I could just look at it but the pics I found were either too low resolution or there was nothing on the resistor. I also looked for board schematics but all I found was one for the x800 PCIe which doesn't have the r17.

Anyways, here is a pic of the card as it is now https://imgur.com/a/flD7D5O

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just measured the one on one of my cards, and it looks to be 0 ohm (jumper).

I double checked with another one that was the same and it also came back with a reading of 0 ohms.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you! The x800 board is now working fine. I didn't mention in my OP but I had tried the card anyways without r17 and I got artifacts all over the screen. Now its working fine. Didn't think I would be able to fix it.

Reply 3 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You're welcome. Glad you got it working. 😎

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK