VOGONS

First post, by Weebob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

Sorry I know this will of been discussed before but...

I am getting round to cracking on with a new P4 based win98 build and have the choice of a voodoo 1 or 2 going in it. This is only really going in for "just in case", possibly for play the older Need for speeds and Tomb raider, Glide only and will be paired up with something like a Geforce 2.

Just want to know which is best in terms of compatibility.

Thanks,

bjxhae-6.png

Reply 1 of 6, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Voodoo 1 will not work on your Pentium 4 AFAIK, so you don't really have a choice there.

Voodoo 1 only works reliably on Pentium II 400 and below apparently, although I've never really partnered it with anything faster than a Pentium II 233 to be honest.

Reply 2 of 6, by Weebob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Voodoo 1 will not work on your Pentium 4 AFAIK, so you don't really have a choice there.

Voodoo 1 only works reliably on Pentium II 400 and below apparently, although I've never really partnered it with anything faster than a Pentium II 233 to be honest.

Ah ok, that solves that then! V2 it is

I have seen that I will loose out on the shadows in Tomb Raider, which is a shame but not the end of the world.

Thanks for the reply

bjxhae-6.png

Reply 3 of 6, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Weebob wrote:

I have seen that I will loose out on the shadows in Tomb Raider, which is a shame but not the end of the world.

They are there with a V2 if you use the Voodoo Graphics patch along with environment variables. You only loose the shadows if you use the Voodoo Rush patch.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 4 of 6, by Weebob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
Weebob wrote:

They are there with a V2 if you use the Voodoo Graphics patch along with environment variables. You only loose the shadows if you use the Voodoo Rush patch.

Ahhh ok.

I will dig them out!

Cheers!

bjxhae-6.png

Reply 5 of 6, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

I had a Voodoo1 running in my P4 (Willamette , 1.3 GHz) for some time and it worked well. It made no sense, speed-wise, however.

Reply 6 of 6, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Has anyone gotten a Voodoo1 working on an Athlon system? There are special Athlon drivers for Voodoo2, but I've not found anything for Voodoo1. It just freezes when 3D engages.