VOGONS

First post, by Dubinius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there,

i sucessfully renewed an old NEC Multisync II JC-1402 TTL/Analog RGB Monitor (Electrolytic Caps and so on) but my Flyback Transformer (LOPT) is on his last Breathings.
So i have a fuzzy Picture in Warm State at about 20-30 Minutes.

The Service Manual says that this Fault is the Flyback or the CRT. The CRT looks like new, no burnings on the Screen and the Neck is crystal clear. I can get the Picture Sharp and Crisp with Tuning with the Focus Knob. The Focus Pot at the Flyback are straight to the full left Position and at 2-3 Hours the Picture gets little blurrier, so it´s out of Range then.

No Whining, No Whisteling, ...

So the HR-Diemen: HR 48689 is the Replacement for the 47105637 Type of LOPT i have, ... But Flybacks are hard to find nowadays, ...
It will be cool to have a Replacement to see this Monitor live fully Working again.

I´m not a TV Technician but a Hobbyist but i revived some older Monitors without great Problems 😉

Greetings

Reply 1 of 1, by chrisst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had the same symptoms/focus issues with my MultiSync II. I accidentally managed to blow the Horizontal Output Transistor /HOT(2SC3486) by driving the monitor at a too high horizontal frequency (PC rebooted and started Windows -> 70+ kHZ) resulting in a split screen, squealing and then no raster/image. After I replaced the HOT with a new Sanyo 2SC3486, the monitor worked again but what was surprising is that the lack of focus and changing focus issue was completely gone. The image now looks as good as it did when I originally bought the monitor back in 1988.