VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is there a way to apply the 3DFX output filter to the VGA input on a Voodoo1 or 2? I understand it's normally a straight pass-through but it might be fun to get that crunchy "22-bit" look in other applications. Or maybe it'd be a horrible mess, but I don't know yet. 😜

I have this Voodoo2 which has some gross TMU corruption or something going on but otherwise still works. Just looking for something I could do with it.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 1, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Probably not as the drivers force the filter threshold to 0x000000 whenever Glide or Direct3D is not in use.

I wish it did though, it would've made my life easier to just check out a still picture instead of hacking a game to produce test imagery for reversing the filter process.
Pushing a hex to 0x230 may probably be moot as it might not work on the passthrough.

Also a bit of fyi, "22-bit color" is just the silly hype marketing buzzword referring to the Voodoo3 2x2 box filter (which was technically introduced in the Banshee, but well...)

apsosig.png
long live PCem