VOGONS

First post, by m1chelsen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Besiddes the 3dfx cards, i really like the look of the blue Hercules cards. I do have the Rage 128 Pro and the GF2MX, but Im looking for a complet list of all the blue Hercules cards out there. Does someone here on Vogons have a list? Thx.

[ Console collecting blog: www.KonsolTing.blogspot.dk ] // [ Retro PC trading blog: www.3DfxQuest.blogspot.dk ]

Reply 1 of 4, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I really like them too, they simply look good!

Just type ''Hercules agp'' in google and look at the pictures, it gives you a lot of nice blue versions of hercules cards. Most common are the Kyro based cards (I also have 2 different versions of them) and the Geforce cards like the gf2 MX, GTS, PRO and Ultra but also the geforce 3 series had them. I only have the gf2 PRO.

But they also had a lot of blue ATi cards.

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 2 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah a ton of the GuilemotHercules cards were all cute blue PCBs and nice shiny blue heatsinks. Easily the whole 3d Prophet line. Shame their boxes and discs didn't carry the same blue motif and had to go with the STB3dfx inspired marketing approach. Certainly prettier than today's dual-slot fan boxes

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you like blue cards in general, there's also a very uncommon Gigabyte brand Voodoo Banshee that has pretty nice looking blue PCB. Probably one of the first blue video cards.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.