VOGONS

First post, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HY,

I have an ASUS A9800XT Radeon 9800XT video card.
When turning on my pc with vga output connected to monitor, the i see post, can go to bios, etc, but when i boot up pc with DVI output used, the no picture, just after to log on to windows, but then no problem with it, 3d, desktop, etc working.
With my reference 9800xt video card i don't have problems, work with dvi and vga when boot.
Can someonew help me, how can i fix it?
Regards

Reply 1 of 3, by repaxan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have similar problems with my Firegl X2 and my two X850 XTs (only one of the video connectors works during post). It's kind of surprising that I never see this mentioned anywhere on reviews that were done at the time.

Reply 3 of 3, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When I have had that kind of problem, I have usually assumed it is problem with 70Hz text mode that is used before changed to 60Hz when windows boots. I assume you must be using LCD monitor because I never had that kind of problem with a CRT. Easiest way to find out if it is the same problem if you could try a CRT monitor with it. You could also try another LCD monitor. The thing that made the problem strange when I encountered it was that 70Hz mode worked with another video card, so it must have been result of combination of specific video card and specific monitor when it happened to me.