Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Discussion about old graphics cards, monitors and video related things.

Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby ph4nt0m » 2019-3-13 @ 17:37

I've recently acquired a large variety of computer hardware from local scrappers. Many of them have missing parts unfortunately. There is a Rendition Verite V2200 8Mb AGP card made by Super Grace probably like this one:

Image

Image

My one has NEC D481850GF-A10 SDRAM chips instead. However it's missing a BIOS chip. Could anyone dump a BIOS of any V2200 AGP card and upload it here?
User avatar
ph4nt0m
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 2018-1-01 @ 19:03

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby Ozzuneoj » 2019-3-13 @ 20:30

Nice find! The V2200 is quite uncommon.

And aren't scrappers savages? I've had a lot of really nice old hardware come to me with missing back plates and BIOS chips lately. Really rare and useful stuff that has been stripped of parts that I wouldn't be able to fabricate even if I had the tools. Geforce 256, Geforce 3, Nvidia NV1, SB Pro CT1330A and much much more... all stripped of random parts. For what? They got way more for them selling them to me than to scrappers (that's how I got them). If they did a little research for "collectible old computer parts" they'd know this...

... savages I tell you!

Hopefully someone here has the BIOS for you.

I really think we need to put together a card BIOS repository. And while we're at it, we need to figure out a way to standardize the measuring of card back plates so we can fabricate replacements for cards with strange layouts.
Time Machine = FIC PA-2013 2.1 - K6-2 500 - 256MB PC-100 - TNT2 Pro 16MB AGP - Labway Yamaha YMF719-E - Midiman MM401
Amibay For Sale Threads
I have lots of PC stuff for sale on Mercari! Get a $10 sign up credit with invite code VBGQMM.
User avatar
Ozzuneoj
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: 2016-3-16 @ 21:33

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby swaaye » 2019-3-13 @ 21:37

How about a Hercules Thriller3D BIOS? The readme says it's for AGP and PCI cards. 4MB and 8MB variants.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.ph ... state=17,1


Code: Select all
                       Hercules Thriller 3D BIOS
                            Version 1.04.141
                           Installation Guide
                            April 2nd, 1998


This archive contains flash BIOS utilities for the Hercules Thriller 3D (4MB). The following
files are included in this archive:

DOS4GW.EXE    : DOS Extender (used by the flash utility program).
FT141_4.EXE   : BIOS flash utility, version 1.04.141 for 4MB PCI or AGP Thriller 3Ds. Use
                this flash program with models TH2204 and TH2304A.
README.TXT    : This file.




I don't have an actual AGP V2x00 card to dump and I'm not sure what utility would do it...
swaaye
Moderator
 
Posts: 7301
Joined: 2002-7-22 @ 21:24
Location: WI, USA

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby VooDooMan » 2019-3-14 @ 08:44

ph4nt0m wrote:. Could anyone dump a BIOS of any V2200 AGP card and upload it here?


Here you go:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ao884f
User avatar
VooDooMan
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: 2014-2-08 @ 14:04

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby ph4nt0m » 2019-3-14 @ 13:18

VooDooMan wrote:
ph4nt0m wrote:. Could anyone dump a BIOS of any V2200 AGP card and upload it here?


Here you go:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ao884f

It redirects to http://www.servscience.com which cannot be DNS resolved.
User avatar
ph4nt0m
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 2018-1-01 @ 19:03

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby ph4nt0m » 2019-3-14 @ 13:22

swaaye wrote:How about a Hercules Thriller3D BIOS? The readme says it's for AGP and PCI cards. 4MB and 8MB variants.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.ph ... state=17,1


Code: Select all
                       Hercules Thriller 3D BIOS
                            Version 1.04.141
                           Installation Guide
                            April 2nd, 1998


This archive contains flash BIOS utilities for the Hercules Thriller 3D (4MB). The following
files are included in this archive:

DOS4GW.EXE    : DOS Extender (used by the flash utility program).
FT141_4.EXE   : BIOS flash utility, version 1.04.141 for 4MB PCI or AGP Thriller 3Ds. Use
                this flash program with models TH2204 and TH2304A.
README.TXT    : This file.


I don't have an actual AGP V2x00 card to dump and I'm not sure what utility would do it...

These Hercules cards are somewhat different. They have video in and out using ITT VPX3225D and Chrontel CH7003A chips. May work though.
User avatar
ph4nt0m
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 2018-1-01 @ 19:03

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby VooDooMan » 2019-3-14 @ 14:18

ph4nt0m wrote:
VooDooMan wrote:
ph4nt0m wrote:. Could anyone dump a BIOS of any V2200 AGP card and upload it here?


Here you go:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ao884f

It redirects to http://www.servscience.com which cannot be DNS resolved.


Strange... it works for me :)

So maybe try here:
https://ufile.io/3qd4b
User avatar
VooDooMan
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: 2014-2-08 @ 14:04

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby ph4nt0m » 2019-3-14 @ 21:47

Great, thanks :) BTW Axle and SuperGrace use the same reference BIOS 01/07/99 identical to the byte. I'll burn it tomorrow and give it a ride.
User avatar
ph4nt0m
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 2018-1-01 @ 19:03

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby Stiletto » 2019-3-15 @ 16:47

ph4nt0m wrote:
VooDooMan wrote:
ph4nt0m wrote:. Could anyone dump a BIOS of any V2200 AGP card and upload it here?


Here you go:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ao884f

It redirects to http://www.servscience.com which cannot be DNS resolved.


Working fine here.
"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto
User avatar
Stiletto
l33t
 
Posts: 4224
Joined: 2002-7-01 @ 21:57

Re: Rendition Verite V2200 BIOS

Postby ph4nt0m » 2019-3-15 @ 20:40

Burnt the BIOS into a Winbond W27C512 EEPROM chip. My test machine boots up showing nothing on screen. Booting again with the V2200 as a secondary card. It shows up as a standard VGA adaptor with the PCI ID corresponding to Rendition V2200. Hangs up if I try to install the drivers, though not surprising without a readable BIOS chip. If anyone has such a reference V2200 without a sticker on the BIOS chip, could you tell me the part number? It can be either a one time programmable ROM, UV erasable PROM, EEPROM or flash.
User avatar
ph4nt0m
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 2018-1-01 @ 19:03


Return to Video

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests