VOGONS

Radeon 9600SE

Topic actions

First post, by andrea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
I've cobbled together a machine with a 1 GHz Coppermine, i815E and a Radeon 9600SE (64 bit bus 😵 , GeCube "Gamebuster" 9600SE low profile. Video memory has 5ns chips). I understand the narrow bus has quite an impact on its performance, but the 3DMark01 score still manages to impress in a bad way.
IAjFmXg.png
I'm getting 5952 points with the card overclocked on the verge of artifacts (and vram timings tightened sligthly). The motherboard is from an OEM system so the most I can do is play with some timings using WPCREDIT (currently I'm running 512MB at 133-3-2-2-5)
Am I being CPU limited or is the card just this bad?

Also, being a 64 bit POS, the memory needs to run the fastest possible for the card to perform satisfactory less bad. The clocks listed in the picture above are the fastest i can run with the stock memory voltages (2,51 Volt). I was trying to bump Vmem up a bit (2.7~2.8 Volt, and some added ramsinks) to see if i can get some more 15~20 MHz and see what happens.
The thing is, I can't figure out what kind of regulator the card uses for Vmem. Below there is a picture of the regulator and of its surroundings. Can anyone help me figuring out what it is (I'm guessing it's from ON Semiconductors, but that's it)

bbfToLI.jpg

Thank you,
Andrea