VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiido wrote on 2020-01-27, 22:28:

Those are standard 1N4148 type things. Any high-speed signal diode will do and you can even get away by not having any at all, especially for testing. Remove them and if the problem presists you know the RAMDAC or its support components have a problem instead.

Yeah, just like I suggested in my previous post - remove them first and then see if that fixes the problem before you worry about replacement.

Reply 21 of 22, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great! Thanks!

Will try that asap i have some time. Let's hope the best! 😀

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 22 of 22, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, i first lifted up one leg of the D5, D3, D6 and the picture was still dim.
Then i continued to lift up one leg of D4, D1 and D2 and behold, the picture is way brighter than it was before!

Though, there's still some kind of problem with that video card. I got another LCD monitor (SyncMaster 213T), and only with this video card, it is blinking - has picture for about half a second and then goes to search for input again. The monitor works correctly with other videocards and computers. So it seems like what ever this new monitor is using to detect the signal, that signal is still weak...

But the good news is, the brightness itself is good now. So need to replace those diodes. (Y)

EDIT: I've changed the lcd to not auto-switch input, but the picture is still getting lost constantly. Looks like the screen is loosing sync or whatever is needed to display the picture and from it i assume, some signal is still too weak.
I also just went through the black and white marked lines once more on the card, as they were marked in a picture in this thread, and they look healthy at every testpoint.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!