VOGONS

First post, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The MINI-AGP or MICRO AGP connector was mostly used on some PICMG 1.0 SBCs from Comell, IPC, IBASE and maybe others. The MINI-AGP cards were rather limited and the only "real" graphics card i have found was based on the ATI M-10 chip that equals a Radeon 9600. I got on of those and a Comell FS-97A SBC with socket 479, but would love to have the option to use a wider range of AGP cards. Maybe an adapter could be made?
Have tried for some time to find any documentation on the 144 pin MINI-AGP interface, but not much could be found searching the web. Sent an email to Comell support and they was very helpfull and provided me a pinout diagram. Im not very skilled and experienced in reading diagrams or do any soldering, but i like a challenge.

When reading the pinout diagram for the MINI-AGP i was curious about the some pins for VDDQ 1.5V. Does this mean this interface was Universal AGP? The interface were also used for DVI, LVDS, SDTV modules so it could also just be pins for that. A standard AGP connector have 132 pins while MINI-AGP hav 144 so it may be the extra pins were for signalling to those other modules/cards. Can see some here: http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/Peripheral/ … AGP/miniagp.HTM
The MINI-AGP pinout diagram is attached here:

Filename
Mini_AGP.pdf
File size
198.96 KiB
Downloads
54 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

VDDQ is basically the power voltage to the transistors in the output stage of a chip.
The designation is also used for the power voltage to memory chips.
It's not a signal itself but rather one of the power voltages to devices that process the signals.

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 2 of 2, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PCBONEZ wrote:
VDDQ is basically the power voltage to the transistors in the output stage of a chip. The designation is also used for the power […]
Show full quote

VDDQ is basically the power voltage to the transistors in the output stage of a chip.
The designation is also used for the power voltage to memory chips.
It's not a signal itself but rather one of the power voltages to devices that process the signals.

Thanks for explaining that. Tried to commpare the MINI-AGP pinout to one AGP pinout diagram and saw it lacked VDDQ 1.5V, but had pins for VDDQ 3.0V.